TiVo Community Forum banner
2141 - 2148 of 2148 Posts

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,944 Posts
Need a 3TB TCD849300 image. My WD30NPRZ drive failed, but I have a spare of the same model.
Roamio and Bolts do not need an image. You just install the drive in it and it will self-initialize it. Just make sure the drive is a low-power usage and CMR.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the response. Hmm… I get 4 flashing lights with the old and new drive. Any special preparation that needs to be done to the drive? I ran the WD full erase on it thinking if it saw a blank drive, it would try to format it.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,944 Posts
Reactions: iamwind

· Registered
54 Posts
You need to replace the wall wart OEM 2amp is just barely enough power to run even the OEM drive.
One review for that Facmogu product: Possible Fire Hazzard.
For any non-TiVo-brand power adapter, one should really check the reviews to become aware of possible issues.

A 3 amp TiVo Bolt power adapter can be used with a Roamio (basic) or Roamio OTA: TiVo BOLT Power Adapter
TiVo Bolt Receiver AC Power Adapter by NetBit NBS40C120300VU 12V 3.0A 100-240V White
A Bolt Power Adapter will be a loose fit on a Roamio (2.5mm socket on a 2.1mm pin), and may or may not work fine without a connector adapter such as this:
SinLoon 5PCS 90 Degree Angle 5.5x2.1mm Male Jack to 5.5x2.5mm Female Plug Adapter
I use this connector adaptor on mine, as I want the most reliable possible electrical connection.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I am back for the first time since 2013 when I had last used DVRBars to repair my Tivo (TCD746320). I managed to get 10 years out of my last hard drive, not too shabby!!! :)
But now I've accidentally screwed up and bought a hard drive that is smaller than the last one that I had used, I forgot that I upgraded to a 2TB drive back in 2013, but now I've got a 1TB. I also found out that my only computer with a CD ROM will not run the JMFS live CD that I burned in 2013. So now I seem to be in a bind.

I was wondering if I would be able to get an image for a 1TB hard drive? I'm planning on using a WD10EFRX this time around

Thanks so much, you are the best!!!

· Premium Member
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,147 ·
Hello! I am back for the first time since 2013 when I had last used DVRBars to repair my Tivo (TCD746320). I managed to get 10 years out of my last hard drive, not too shabby!!! :)
But now I've accidentally screwed up and bought a hard drive that is smaller than the last one that I had used, I forgot that I upgraded to a 2TB drive back in 2013, but now I've got a 1TB. I also found out that my only computer with a CD ROM will not run the JMFS live CD that I burned in 2013. So now I seem to be in a bind.

I was wondering if I would be able to get an image for a 1TB hard drive? I'm planning on using a WD10EFRX this time around

Thanks so much, you are the best!!!
Sent.

2141 - 2148 of 2148 Posts