TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchaseda Humax DVD Recorder DRT 800. I can easily play back a show I have burned to DVD, but only on the Humax machine. I have tried to play a DVD in two laptops, one very new, both with Window Media Player 10 and in a home Sony Unit. I used Sony DVD-RW media. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

· Registered
1,890 Posts
jonhunt said:
I have just purchaseda Humax DVD Recorder DRT 800. I can easily play back a show I have burned to DVD, but only on the Humax machine. I have tried to play a DVD in two laptops, one very new, both with Window Media Player 10 and in a home Sony Unit. I used Sony DVD-RW media. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
I would use DVD-R for greater compatibilty with other players.

· Mentally Hilarious
966 Posts
jonhunt said:
I am new to this...how do you close the disk?
You don't have to do anything. The Tivo always finalizes and closes all recorded discs.

You may want to try DVD-R and/or another brand of DVD-RW. You can find DVD-R's for around $.25 or less per disc so the fact that they are write once isn't that big of a deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.