TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Bolt has version 21.8.2 which is completely useless and very unfriendly software.

Is there any way to install a previous version, such as 20.x? That version was on my Roamio and it worked so much better than this flashy but unfriendly software - everything requires many, many button hits before doing things that previously were just one click away.

·
UHD Addict
24,089 Posts
My new Bolt has version 21.8.2 which is completely useless and very unfriendly software.

Is there any way to install a previous version, such as 20.x? That version was on my Roamio and it worked so much better than this flashy but unfriendly software - everything requires many, many button hits before doing things that previously were just one click away.
What exactly was one click away? I hate using the old interface. Hydra has been so much better in my use.
But I'm not sure what was one click away with either interface. Other than the clear button to delete content. Which works the same in Hydra as it did in the HDUI.

·
Gee thanks Jeremy...
7,437 Posts
The new interface definitely takes more clicks to do many things than the old one. They can really make some major improvements to it fairly easily if they try.

·
The slow road, has the most adventure.
283 Posts
A few months ago, we bought a new Bolt on the $99 Lifetime summer deal- I set it up next to the wife's Roamio. At first she didn't like the Bolt, and went back to the Roamio, but gradually she learned how to use the new Hyda interface in a way that allowed her to do everything she wanted- like easily schedule a week's worth of recording. I am thinking about selling the Roamio now.

Reactions: Dan Cour

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
A few months ago, we bought a new Bolt on the $99 Lifetime summer deal- I set it up next to the wife's Roamio. At first she didn't like the Bolt, and went back to the Roamio, but gradually she learned how to use the new Hyda interface in a way that allowed her to do everything she wanted- like easily schedule a week's worth of recording. I am thinking about selling the Roamio now.
What model Roamio - Basic, OTA or Pro?

·
The slow road, has the most adventure.
283 Posts
it's the 500gb basic box- we use it for OTA, but it does have cable card capability

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.