TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
jlas75 said:
I have the TiVo HR10-250 and am currently a DirecTV customer. Can I cancel service with DirecTV and still use the TiVo receiver as a HD receiver for my "over-the-air" HD antenna? And, will the TiVo functionality still work with my HD antenna if I cancel DirecTV service?

I am thinking about moving over to Comcast. Does TiVo make a HD stand alone dual tuner receiver that integrates with Comcast?

Ideally, I wish TiVo would make a receiver for Comcast just like the HR10-250 works with DirecTV. I would only add a dual tuner so you do not need two (2) separate cable lines for recording different programming at the same time.

Does this already exist?

Thank you in advance!
I know a bit: tivo can't record anything new unless you pay. Tivo 3 is out later this year and I think comcast has a deal.

I dont know if hdtivo would work solely as an ota receiver unsubbed. But who would watch live tv anyway!

·
Steelworker
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well, just pulled the trigger. comcast came this morning. of course they screwed it all up so it could be a while before i actually start watching tv (luckily i can continue to drain the old programmig on my dt-dvr)

·
Tivonation Citizen
1,223 Posts
newsposter said:
I know a bit: tivo can't record anything new unless you pay. Tivo 3 is out later this year and I think comcast has a deal.

I dont know if hdtivo would work solely as an ota receiver unsubbed. But who would watch live tv anyway!
I hope the DTV HDTivo can still record OTA as manual recording even without guide data from DTV? But I'm holding my breath on the Comcast/Tivo deal. C'mon give us a good box! and soon! can't hold my breath much longer ... must ... have ... Tivo ..... world turning ... ... ... black

·
Tivonation Citizen
1,223 Posts
jlas75 said:
Ideally, I wish TiVo would make a receiver for Comcast just like the HR10-250 works with DirecTV. I would only add a dual tuner so you do not need two (2) separate cable lines for recording different programming at the same time.

Does this already exist?

Thank you in advance!
It looks like from the video demo on S3 shows only 1 cable input required for 2 tuner.

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
38,716 Posts
jlas75 said:

Does this already exist?

Thank you in advance!
The box from Comcast 6412 or 3412 only has one input but 2 tuners.

·
Large Member
1,132 Posts
Wow, I knew TiVo fans were fanatical, but posting from beyond the grave Nipsy?

; )

·
HR10-250 Lover
322 Posts
jmace57 said:
Wow, I knew TiVo fans were fanatical, but posting from beyond the grave Nipsy?

; )
aye carumba! :eek:

·
Steelworker
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated....besides now that I have a HDTV, a silly thing like death can’t stop me from watching TV

FYI, finally got my Comcast set up.....HD is pretty cool! Now if they only had more HD channels. Also, their "tivo", as anticipated is god-awful.

Anyway, I waited a few days after getting cable to disconnect dtv
when I called dtv to cancel, they of course tried to retain me but I already got comcast.
anyway, the guy told me that dtv is all digital but comcast is analog so he didnt see how they could even offer me HDTV.
My reply was that i was actually watching it at the time and it looked pretty good.
he rambled on about the mpeg4 coming etc etc then he started telling me once again that cable wasnt offering hd and that they were stretching the picture and that i wouldnt enjoy the Discover HD theater channel...unfortunately i had to interrupt him to explain that i was actually watching "Urban Wild" on that very channel on comcast!

sorry to see you go beloved tivo!

·
TiVo Fan
1,352 Posts
Kevdog said:
Eliminated the "Black Lab To Go" feature.
:)
Now that is a good option to eliminate!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.