TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
I know zippo about cable and tivo so please forgive the newbie question. But aren't these stand alone tivos? I was hoping maybe to just get my cable (not comcast), maybe the card if i need it, then use it just like my HDtivo to record 2 hi def programs.

When people are talking about how comcast configures and stuff, I dont understand it. I thought with a cable card, except for the guide and few other things, this tivo would be 'just' like the directivo i own now, and maybe even 'better'.

Hope you understood what i'm trying to ask. I thought tivo standalone was 'plug and play.'

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
jlas75 said:
I have the TiVo HR10-250 and am currently a DirecTV customer. Can I cancel service with DirecTV and still use the TiVo receiver as a HD receiver for my "over-the-air" HD antenna? And, will the TiVo functionality still work with my HD antenna if I cancel DirecTV service?

I am thinking about moving over to Comcast. Does TiVo make a HD stand alone dual tuner receiver that integrates with Comcast?

Ideally, I wish TiVo would make a receiver for Comcast just like the HR10-250 works with DirecTV. I would only add a dual tuner so you do not need two (2) separate cable lines for recording different programming at the same time.

Does this already exist?

Thank you in advance!
I know a bit: tivo can't record anything new unless you pay. Tivo 3 is out later this year and I think comcast has a deal.

I dont know if hdtivo would work solely as an ota receiver unsubbed. But who would watch live tv anyway!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.