TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
38,682 Posts
I was in the same position you are. I refused to pay $400 for obsolete equipment. D* was previously offering $299-$100 to many people. Even after that was over many people were and still are getting the HD DVR for about $200. Me, they wanted to charge $400. So I called Comcast. I am getting their Digital Silver package for $25 off per month for the next 16 months. I also got their high speed internet and phone service for $69.99 per month for the next 12 months. The total is $20 more than I was paying for all of these services but I am getting HBO, much faster internet, HD channels, no antenna, On Demand, free long distance phone service, no contract, no buying equipment and having to pay to fix it, etc. Comcast will have a true Tivo early next year.

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
38,682 Posts
bidger said:
You're absolutely certain of that? Because I'm of the mind that Comcast will look after it's interests first and foremost and if they consider any feature TiVo submits as dicey, it will be shot down. Time will tell.
Behold!

·
Sci-Fi Junkie
38,682 Posts
jlas75 said:
Ideally, I wish TiVo would make a receiver for Comcast just like the HR10-250 works with DirecTV. I would only add a dual tuner so you do not need two (2) separate cable lines for recording different programming at the same time.

Does this already exist?

Thank you in advance!
The box from Comcast 6412 or 3412 only has one input but 2 tuners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.