TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a blonde day.

I just got my new DT in the latest lifetime swap. And I'm fairly sure what I want to do is possible but I can't for the life of me figure out how. (Other topics here rerence it but not with instructions.)

I have no cable box. I have cable coming out of the wall via one little coax. Can't I add a splitter to that coax and somehow take advantage of both TiVo tuners?

If so, how?

The only instructions I can find are predicated on a cable box.

Thanks in advance. Susan

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
You have exactly what the DT was designed for analog cable. You only need to plug one line in the unit will split it internally. I don't have DT (or cable) but I am guessing if you run through setup you will find it sets up both tuners.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had no idea how blonde.

I fired up the new TiVo so that I could try and program two shows at one time and come back here with what happened when I tried it...

Yeah, you know what happened. NOTHING!! It worked like a charm!!!

Nothing is ever that easy or that simple. I would have never ever figured it out on my own.

Thank you.... wild.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it does. BUT only by default.

It's very clear how it works and how you set it up if you have a digital cable box and want to record two programs at once.

It's very clear how you set it up if you do not have a digital cable box.

The how it works and the recording two programs at once is implied in the no cable box bit.

I'm used to complicated, convoluted, cable splitting, backdoor trickery. My brain does not (apparently) have the capacity for simple.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
susandennis said:
I'm having a blonde day.

I just got my new DT in the latest lifetime swap. And I'm fairly sure what I want to do is possible but I can't for the life of me figure out how. (Other topics here rerence it but not with instructions.)

I have no cable box. I have cable coming out of the wall via one little coax. Can't I add a splitter to that coax and somehow take advantage of both TiVo tuners?

If so, how?

The only instructions I can find are predicated on a cable box.

Thanks in advance. Susan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.