TiVo Community Forum banner

Will you watch season 5 of 24?

• I'm a die hard 24 fan. No way am I missing out on the adventures of Jack Bauer.

Votes: 200 62.3%
  • While I think the show has lost some steam, I'll be tuning in again.

Votes: 75 23.4%
  • This year will be the first time I watch the show. I finally want to see what all the hype is about.

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • I'm with you. No more 24 for me.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • What took you so long? I stopped watching long ago!

Votes: 36 11.2%
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned a few times in various threads that I've been trimming my season pass list, and the biggest cut I'm making this season is going to be 24. I've seen the last 4 seasons and the premise just gets crazier every time and the breakneck pace of plot twists more unbelievable.

Sure, I get the concept of suspending disbelief when it comes to a TV show, but this time around, I've finally lost all desire to watch Jack Bauer get out of another Day From Hell. Anyone with me?

·
So tired.....
583 Posts
Um, nope

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
Are you kidding?! Even a less-than-average "24" is better than 95% of the crap out there now ;)!

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Bring back the Mountain Lion!!

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
13 votes in and it's not looking too good for me.

Mind you, I told myself I'd stop watching Las Vegas and that lasted about 3 hours.

I have issues.

·
She likes cheese.
4,768 Posts
I stopped watching soon after Kim encountered the cougar, but after reading so much about how much better the show was last season, I may add the SP again this season. I liked the show a lot during the first season.

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,592 Posts
I think last season was the best ever!! No (or not much) of that awful daughter Kim and I loved the addition of some of my favorite actors, Kim Raver, William Devane and the actress previously from La Femme Nikita. I was with you the season before this one, but my sil watches it and we love to discuss it, so I kept watching and enjoyed it a lot more than the previous two seasons.

·
With an "L"
4,205 Posts
I agree, S4 was great. I thought it lost steam during 2 and 3, but 4 was terriffic. Definitely looking forward to 5.

·
Rebus Philbin
38,568 Posts
Nope, the only way you'll get my 24 from me is to pry it from my cold, dead hand...

·
Smelly Pirate Hooker
1,161 Posts
This season will be overseen by David Fury from Lost and Manny Coto from Enteprise and Odyssey 5. Are you kidding me to drop it? Maybe if Jack Bauer starts raping puppies.

·
Statistical outlier
17,107 Posts
I recorded all the episodes for season 4, but ended up deleting them once I realized that I wasn't watching them even when I had the time.

So yes, my SP was dropped.

·
Rebus Philbin
38,568 Posts
NoThru22 said:
Maybe if Jack Bauer starts raping puppies.
... that has sweeps week written all over it...

;)

·
Took the red pill
128 Posts
Nope. I don't have time to watch much TV, but "24" is up there with "CSI", "Alias", and the new "Battlestar Galactica". Those four are my whole Season Pass list.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,434 Posts
Azlen said:
Not only Lost, David Fury was a key writer for both Buffy and Angel.
Who also starred in the musical episode of Buffy, "Once More With Feeling," as the "They got the mustard out!" guy. :)

·
King of TiVo Nation
160 Posts
I gave up about a third of the way through season 3. Not because of lack of interest, but rather lack of time. This show just requires way too much of a time investment. This current season won't end until some time in June.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
NoThru22 said:
.... Are you kidding me to drop it? Maybe if Jack Bauer starts raping puppies.
What if they're Arab Terrorist puppies? And he just removes their dew claws?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts