TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,991 Posts
The #1 way to increase transfers from a wireless TiVo is to switch to a TiVo brand wireless adapter. They are specifically designed to offload some of the wireless chores from the TiVo, which results in faster transfers. If you're already using a TiVo brand adapter then the next option would be to upgrade your TiVo. The S2DT units have significantly faster processors then the older S2 units, so they can process TTG transfers faster and inturn churn out faster transfers.

Dan

·
Registered
95 Posts
iWish said:
Is there a list of suggestions on how to increase transfer times?

I'm on a wireless network.

Thanks.
FWIW, the latest version of TDM is orders of magnitude (literally, more than 10x) slower than earlier versions. Not sure what causes this, but I've noticed it as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had dreadful transfer times too.... last night I tried to x-fer a 2 hour show onto my laptop via my wireless network, and it was only halfway finished this morning. (after 8+ hours)

I followed previous suggestions -- tuning into channel 0, pausing a pre-recorded show -- and this didn't improve speed.

Going out and buying a new USB wireless hub for my TiVo Series 2 box is not exactly what I want to do.

Anyone else seeing x-fer rates of 17hrs for a two hour med-quality program?

amck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.