TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the downloading show feature to my iPhone for years, but now cannot play them. I have called Tech services several times. “It’s been escalated” and “they will let you know” is all I get after several rounds of routine troubleshooting which does not fix the issue. This has happened a couple of times in the past, but it’s always been resolved.
Any suggestions?

· Registered
8 Posts
I have used the downloading show feature to my iPhone for years, but now cannot play them. I have called Tech services several times. “It’s been escalated” and “they will let you know” is all I get after several rounds of routine troubleshooting which does not fix the issue. This has happened a couple of times in the past, but it’s always been resolved.
Any suggestions?
The problem is the TIVO app is broken with IOS16. The problem appeared with IOS 16 and is still there after months. IOS 16.1.1 is the latest and the problem is still there. IOS 16 was released September 12, 2022 but the problem was identified while 16 was in beta.

· wait.. I did what?
15,538 Posts
I have no idea what the core issue is, but it's not epidemic, throughout the assorted threads on this, I have gone through multiple iOS 16.x upgrades, removed and reinstalled the Tivo app, and am still able to both download and stream programs both on wifi in the the home and cellular outside the home, from both a Bolt+ and Roamio Pro. When a bug is random in this manner that makes it a lot harder to resolve.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have no idea what the core issue is, but it's not epidemic, throughout the assorted threads on this, I have gone through multiple iOS 16.x upgrades, removed and reinstalled the Tivo app, and am still able to both download and stream programs both on wifi in the the home and cellular outside the home, from both a Bolt+ and Roamio Pro. When a bug is random in this manner that makes it a lot harder to resolve.
@dianebrat The core issue is that for many the downloads no longer work which started with IOS 16. Re-installing the app doesn't eliminate the failure. For me it is on an iPhone 8 and 2 different iPads. I got the same failure with the Tivo Bolt VOX and the new Tivo Edge. One of my iPads was still at IOS 15 and downloads played. When I upgraded to IOS 16, the download problem appeared.

Changing the download compression from low to high doesn't make a difference.

What is your IOS device and what streaming settings are you using.?
Since I now have an ATT plan with unlimited data I can stream over over cellular. Direct streaming plays fine.
Here are the screen messages.
Font Electric blue Sky Screenshot Darkness
Font Technology Terrestrial plant Screenshot Electric blue

· Registered
8,338 Posts
@dianebrat The core issue is that for many the downloads no longer work which started with IOS 16. Re-installing the app doesn't eliminate the failure. For me it is on an iPhone 8 and 2 different iPads. I got the same failure with the Tivo Bolt VOX and the new Tivo Edge. One of my iPads was still at IOS 15 and downloads played. When I upgraded to IOS 16, the download problem appeared.

Changing the download compression from low to high doesn't make a difference.

What is your IOS device and what streaming settings are you using.?
Since I now have an ATT plan with unlimited data I can stream over over cellular. Direct streaming plays fine.
Here are the screen messages.
View attachment 77422 View attachment 77423
I’m seeing the same on Roamio, all devices that are on iOS 16.

Streaming works, downloads do not play.

· wait.. I did what?
15,538 Posts
I’m seeing the same on Roamio, all devices that are on iOS 16.

Streaming works, downloads do not play.
On my 13 Pro Max, and now my 14 Pro Max, downloads were middle compression setting, and that's on every released version of iOS 16.x so far, I've been testing with each upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts