TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a list of various domains, from this forum, that our TiVos phone home to. Was wondering if anyone with a Pi-hole or other domain blocking utility has blocked some of these domains. Are any other domains missing from this list?

h1.tivoservice.com
i.tivo.com
log.core.cloud.vewd.com
mm1.tivoservice.com
mm1.tivoservice.com.localdomain
sls.tivoservice.com
tivo-0.vo.llnwd.net

I'm temporarily using a mobile hotspot for my place, so my solution right now is AdGuard DNS. I just downgraded to TE3 and I don't stream (apps), nor share (household), or view anything remotely.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I use pi-hole with TE3 on all my TiVo devices. I haven't seen a need to block any TiVo domains. The stats displayed by pi-hole show that interaction with TiVo sites is pretty minimal.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Run an Internet Connection diagnostic test. Then go to System Information. Hit: Clear-Clear-Enter-Enter-0. Select Logs. You can see all the IP addresses used just for that test. Last time I checked it was 10. Everything a TiVo does is in those logs but there is no documentation.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Do not block h1/h2 or sls as you will not get guide data. i and mm1/2 are needed for using the app and the website as far as I can tell. There are a slew of other letters I have come across from time-to-time that seem to be general replacements for h1/h2, you could literally go through the alphabet and ping them and see which ones respond. For a while, I was using my Pi-hole to auto-forward all TiVO h1/h2/etc... traffic to a single IP address, but that did not resolve my issues of failure at the download step every 3-9 days (and then needing to tether to my phone to clear it out), so I stopped doing that.

·
_
26 Posts
Here's all the hostnames mine has hit:
Code:
# 100% safe:
cdn.segment.com
code.jquery.com
fonts.googleapis.com
fonts.gstatic.com
unpkg.com

# Tivo specific hostnames:
adgwy.tivo.com
api.tivo.com
business.tivo.com
i.tivo.com
janusmind.tivo.com
pdk.sj.tivo.com
pixel.tivo.com
pki.tivo.com
prod.adgwy.tivo.com
sj.tivo.com
h1.tivoservice.com
mm1.tivoservice.com
sls.tivoservice.com

# Probably safe:
d21cm68s3k4830.cloudfront.net
d2w343a14iggwx.cloudfront.net
dju59wgerb63o.cloudfront.net

# sketchy / probably don't need:
log.core.cloud.vewd.com
pactsafe.io

# netflixy stuff (could be used for tivo+ if the streams are hosted by them)
api-global.netflix.com
appboot.netflix.com
codex.nflxext.com
ichnaea.netflix.com
nrdp.nccp.netflix.com
occ-0-590-586.1.nflxso.net
push.prod.netflix.com
secure.netflix.com
With the following blocked it doesn't load TiVo+ correctly

Code:
adgwy.tivo.com
api-global.netflix.com
api.darksky.net
api.tivo.com
appboot.netflix.com
business.tivo.com
d21cm68s3k4830.cloudfront.net
dju59wgerb63o.cloudfront.net
ichnaea.netflix.com
janusmind.tivo.com
log.core.cloud.vewd.com
pactsafe.io
pdk.sj.tivo.com
pixel.tivo.com
pki.tivo.com
sj.tivo.com
www.pactsafe.io
I don't know the side effects of this list, yet, haven't run into any after several reboots. I also want to pinpoint which one it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.