Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Yes, my box reboots so many times I'm sending it back

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Large member (Ooer!)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a couple of camps - Those that do those that don't. I'm just curious where your VM TiVo sits.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was definitely in the "Yes, my box reboots so many times I'm sending it back" for a while, however it's not quite that bad at the moment, but still far worse than it should be.

I think I'm due a call from the Chief Exec's office again tomorrow though...

·
Large member (Ooer!)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weren't most reboots caused by the TiVo not being resilient to temporary cable network errors?
That update made no difference to the frequency of reboots my box suffers.

It would be nice if we could access the logs to try to determine what the causes are. Mine seems to reboot for no apparent reason and it doesn't need to be doing anything more taxing than watching live TV.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Weren't most reboots caused by the TiVo not being resilient to temporary cable network errors?
Mine has been a bit odd. The half-hourly reboots more or less stopped a few days before AE4 was released, and it settled back to a reboot every few days, but versions AE4 and AE6 don't seem to have made any appreciable difference.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had reboots a few times a week. I've had at least once since the first update, but I've not noticed any recently. They happen when I'm using the remote, but aren't due to me pushing buttons too quickly.

It's hard to be sure more reboots aren't happening when I'm not around to notice. If there's no recording in progress, the only indication would be various settings getting reset - such as the Guide filters. It does seem to me that the Guide filters get reset quite often, but I don't know if that's because of reboots. Does anyone know how to find out the up-time?

·
Large member (Ooer!)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, more reboots. I may be seeing some sort of a pattern though: Last Thusrday, Sunday and Monday rebooted 3 times circa 10:30, 16:15 and 10:15 each day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.