TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hyping up TiVo for a while to 2 people who finally got the units. Asking them to put in my e-mail address seemed kind of weird, so I didn't ask them to do that. If I request referral credit for them, will TiVo contact them to confirm? That would be even stranger than asking them initially. Thanks!

·
Proud Tivolutionary
16,546 Posts
The easiest way would've been to have them put in your email address. I don't believe they get contacted. You just need their name, email address they used, approx. date and time they activated and their Tivo service # (aka serial #).

I remember doing this before and getting credit almost instantly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Next time, just give them your email. When you sign up for TiVo service a little box comes up and asks you to enter one if someone referred you. It's not like it's Amway or something, LOL - I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you the credit.

AC

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
audiocrawford said:
It's not like it's Amway or something, LOL - I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you the credit.
I can understand the OP's position... I mentioned the email/reward in passing to a work acquaintance, but didn't push it - it felt a little too self-serving given my relationship with him. When he forgot or chose not to enter my email address, I didn't ask for his TSN. The points would have been nice, but I just wasn't comfortable hitting him up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts