TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
you can get the hd channels on your s3. You just wont have ondemand or be able to use the interactive guide (order ppv from your guide). read up on SDV as well on these forums. you also might want to check out the new TivoHD. Its half the price and has pretty much all the same features. Smaller hard drive is the big difference.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,389 Posts
I am a Houston ComCast subscriber. I have their DVR (SA8300HD), and two TiVos, one of which is an S3 (see my sig).

* Using the cable cards, you can get EVERY normal channel. This includes HD, analog, digital, scrambled, pay (HBO, etc), whatever. You don't get PPV or VOD (which luckily I have never used and don't care about).

* At this time, they have no plans for SDV. That could change at any time, of course, but they are not planning it at this time.

* You will not need their box for anything. I go from the wall coax outlet, direct into my S3, which connects direct to my TV. No more cable box.

* No cable DVR that I am aware of does the little "rewind" you are talking about. Certainly not in Houston. That's part of why I have a TiVo. It is challenging to watch TV on a cable DVR after being spoiled by the TiVo user interface.

On second thought, it's not challenging, it's painful. :)

If you have any other questions, fire away! There are several of us Houston people in this forum, always happy to help.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
astrohip said:
* No cable DVR that I am aware of does the little "rewind" you are talking about. Certainly not in Houston. That's part of why I have a TiVo. It is challenging to watch TV on a cable DVR after being spoiled by the TiVo user interface.
That's because that is a Tivo patented feature ... :)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
nirvanayoda said:
I called Comcast again today and again the representative told me she was instructed to always say that tivo is not compatible with their services and I couldn't use a tivo box. I told her that they mustve told her that 1) to lessen competition, or 2) b/c it wasn't compatible with VOD/PPV.
Please call Tivo and report this to their Cable/CableCARD group so they can take appropriate action. I'm sure the FCC would be interested as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.