TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, after 9 years with DTV and Tivo I have to make the switch to Comcast. I've had 3 trees removed over the years and now my neighbors has grown in the way. Also I was never able to see the HD satellite so that was another reason to make the move.

I've purchased an HDTV to go with my switch to Comcast. I'm VERY unhappy about having to use the Comcast DVR after all I've read here. My question is: if I buy an HR10-250, can I use that in place of the Comcast DVR? Comcast told me no but I swear I thought I had read some people have had success.

Also, with the impending switch to MPEG 4 rendering the HR10-250s either useless or not able to decode all the new stuff, I would have thought I could pick one up on EBAY or some place for a prices better than $399. Maybe I just need to wait. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks!

·
TechKnow Guide
12,027 Posts
At the recent Consumer Electronics Show Tivo announced a new Series 3 Tivo that will be available later this year with dual CableCard HiDef tuners that should work great with Comcast. More info in the Coffee House Forum here.

·
Premium Member
38,614 Posts
litzdog911 said:
At the recent Consumer Electronics Show Tivo announced a new Series 3 Tivo that will be available later this year with dual CableCard HiDef tuners that should work great with Comcast. More info in the Coffee House Forum here.
Where is your source? AFIK they showed a prototype, no announcment regarding a release date...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.