• No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Equipment is to expensive also

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,552 Posts
Evidently they make their money off the hardware. If I would have known that I would have bought a new one with free lifetime service.idiot
From your TCF Profile:
I like technology and I am good with computers, streaming devices and smart home devices I am a diy on just about anything I take on
If you had done your homework / research on TiVo beforehand, you might have discovered that a used Roamio OTA (or Basic if you're lucky) with Lifetime that goes for ~$150-250 on eBay would have been a better investment in the long run... :oops: :cool:
I bought a 500 gig TiVo bolt no remote or hd I have ordered remote about to order hd was not included...
No remote, no hard drive and no service - you bought a paperweight. :oops: :rolleyes:

Chalk it up to 'lesson learned' and start over with a Roamio OTA (or Basic if you're on cable) w/ Lifetime. :thumbsup: ;)

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,552 Posts
For all we know he bought a Bolt OTA that has service included...
Evidently they make their money off the hardware. If I would have known that I would have bought a new one with free lifetime service.idiot
I try to pay attention Diane. ;)
Sometimes I even check their Profile and that leads me to their recent posts...:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.