• No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Equipment is to expensive also

Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wait.. I did what?
14,726 Posts
First of all your poll means nothing, if you have a complaint with Tivo charging for their service, just keep walking, you will get no sympathy here, they are in business to make a profit, not run a charity.
If the ebay Tivo you bought has no service you will need to pay for service on it, end of story.

If you have another issue, please try asking an actual question and the friendly folks of TCF will be more than happy to answer it for you, which is exactly what we suggested in your prior post.

Detailed instructions

·
wait.. I did what?
14,726 Posts
BTW I predicted this question on your prior post on July 28th
In the past there were limited manual recordings you could schedule but they would have no guide data and you can't get them off the unit because you would not have network features, but I'm not 100% sure where that stands on a Bolt, but in general a Bolt without service isn't worth the value of the components in it. I have a bad feeling the OP may not know that and will just be wasting their time, and we can queue up the comments of " they want me to pay how much just for guide info?" discussion that frequently comes up in this type of a post. ;)

·
wait.. I did what?
14,726 Posts
Evidently they make their money off the hardware. If I would have known that I would have bought a new one with free lifetime service.idiot
No, no they don't, they only make minimal money from their service charges and have always lost money on hardware, in fact they probably only lose money in retail and it's their cable company services that keep the lights on. Note that only some OTA units come with service "free" in almost all cases you have to buy the unit AND service.

If you could step back ask some thought out questions on what you want to do, I have no doubt TCF would help you find the least expensive way to do it, instead you seem to be wandering the halls and randomly starting new threads instead of sticking with previous threads that could have answered the majority of your questions.

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,552 Posts
Evidently they make their money off the hardware. If I would have known that I would have bought a new one with free lifetime service.idiot
From your TCF Profile:
I like technology and I am good with computers, streaming devices and smart home devices I am a diy on just about anything I take on
If you had done your homework / research on TiVo beforehand, you might have discovered that a used Roamio OTA (or Basic if you're lucky) with Lifetime that goes for ~$150-250 on eBay would have been a better investment in the long run... :oops: :cool:
I bought a 500 gig TiVo bolt no remote or hd I have ordered remote about to order hd was not included...
No remote, no hard drive and no service - you bought a paperweight. :oops: :rolleyes:

Chalk it up to 'lesson learned' and start over with a Roamio OTA (or Basic if you're on cable) w/ Lifetime. :thumbsup: ;)

·
wait.. I did what?
14,726 Posts
From your TCF Profile:
If you had done your homework / research on TiVo beforehand, you might have discovered that a used Roamio OTA (or Basic if you're lucky) with Lifetime that goes for ~$150-250 on eBay would have been a better investment in the long run... :oops: :cool:
No remote, no hard drive and no service - you bought a paperweight. :oops: :rolleyes:

Chalk it up to 'lesson learned' and start over with a Roamio OTA (or Basic if you're on cable) w/ Lifetime. :thumbsup: ;)
For all we know he bought a Bolt OTA that has service included, however the lack of give and take in any of the posts puts us in a situation where we have no idea what he's talking about so we can't help, I lay even odds this thread gets abandoned and a new one started in a week or two.

·
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!
1,552 Posts
For all we know he bought a Bolt OTA that has service included...
I try to pay attention Diane. ;)
Sometimes I even check their Profile and that leads me to their recent posts...:cool:

·
wait.. I did what?
14,726 Posts
I try to pay attention Diane. ;)
LOL
However the poster may have a lifetime unit and not even know it from what I can see in the posting history, darn me and my optimistic outlook!

·
wait.. I did what?
14,726 Posts
Doesn't the former registerer have to deregister first?
Not really, if you run it in your house with your zip code for a week or so with it connecting they have tended to not give much hassle to transferring the unit.

However it's doubtful the OP will ever reply from their posting history.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Doesn't the former registerer have to deregister first?
My first Roamio, purchased used off eBay, that's what I did. I have no idea if the previous owner deregistered it. I suppose if I ran into an issue, I would have contacted him and asked him to deregister it. If they ignored me, them I would have asked eBay for a refund.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.