TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I turn off my TV, I change the channel on my HR10-250 to the weather channel. I never put the HR10-250 in standby or turn it off. That way when I turn my TV back on, I have an hour of weather that I can quickly scroll back through. Does anybody else do something similar?
...John

·
Registered
64 Posts
jwillie44 said:
Before I turn off my TV, I change the channel on my HR10-250 to the weather channel. I never put the HR10-250 in standby or turn it off. That way when I turn my TV back on, I have an hour of weather that I can quickly scroll back through. Does anybody else do something similar?
...John
Just the opposite, I always put it in standby so that the video and and audio outputs aren't active. It helps avoid inadvertently seeing the score of a game, or result of a race that I'm recording (video).

Since I seldom record anything on an R10(?) in a bedroom, I often leave it on and tuned to a music channel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All good replies. Thanks.

BTW, one habit I have, that I bet none of you have, is I unplug my TIVOs from the wall every week when I fire up the RV and move. I don't want the hard drives spinning as I go down the road. I figure all it would take is one good bump to screw things up.

Related to that, my TIVOs are up to 426 days without calling in. No ill effects noted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.