TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used tivo series 1 box from ebay. Without using it very much, I upgraded to a 120g second hard drive. It works great but the problem I have is that when the tivo has been running for about 2 days, it loses sound completely, some channels no longer come in and the ones that do are jerky. (I dont know how else to explain it other than "jerky"). I still get the tivo sound effects when going through the menu though.

To fix it, I have to reboot the tivo. Then it works great. But I have to reboot every 2-3 days. It's very annoying! Is it something I can fix or possibly a hardware issue? (mb, ram, hard drive, tuner etc?)

I have another one that I did not upgrade yet that works good. I could probably use that for parts? Or can I switch the hard drive(s) from the bad tivo to the second tivo?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has been a while but I am pretty sure I did. I used leo laportes book/cd to do it. If I remember correctly, this tivo had an unusual kernel that needed to have an extra step done to the kernel to complete the upgrade.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
No, only when you are using>137 GB drives set up for a >137 GB/drive system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.