TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Señor Member
79,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received IMs from two posters, one in CA and one in MI that cannot connect to the server. Sounds like a DNS issue, from the sounds of it. I (in FL) am having no problems at all.

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Yeah, it seems OK now.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I couldn't get in between 2:30 and 6:00. Seems OK now.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hi...eNom had ROOT DNS Server issues yesterday that affected a lot of people. I am an eNom client with all my domain though them. As such, we were also affected. I do think the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

·
"."
26,761 Posts
David Bott said:
Hi...eNom had ROOT DNS Server issues yesterday that affected a lot of people. I am an eNom client with all my domain though them. As such, we were also affected. I do think the issue has been resolved.

Thanks
Have you considered having another site also hosting (slaving/secondarying) your DNS? I have all my domains hosted at 3 different locations (2 around here, 1 in Europe), all with different providers to prevent things like what happened yesterday. It's very unlikely that anyone is going to DDOS the 3 completely separate providers at the same time

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Nope, for it really has not been an issue and we are DNS'ed with 5 root servers. It was a just a fluke kid of thing. They were responding, just very slow. As such, it would not have gone on to the next DNS Root server.

But thanks for the thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts