TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a problem with the latest DL.TV (episode 191) TivoCast being cut short at 23 minutes? The actual runtime for this episode was suppose to be about 43 minutes.

Two of my 5 Tivos have a subscription to DL.TV, and the recording on each of those machines was truncated at the same point.

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,185 Posts
I've seen that with Rocketboom before.

It usually picks it up again, in it's entirety.

The few times it hasn't, it was because I had "Keep at Most 10 Episodes" on my season pass, and the truncated one was the 10th.
I didn't watch them for a couple days, so the truncated one wasn't available once I deleted a couple of them.

I don't know this happens all by itself, or if folks are reporting to someone that it got truncated, then TiVo resends it.
Is there a feedback procedure for DL.TV? Is there one for Rocketboom?

phox

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Last night, I was stuck on the episode for about 3 hours and only got a minute, so I canceled the episode.

Also had a problem getting an Amazon Unbox download, so I wonder if there was some sort of server issue.

·
No Avatar Selected
482 Posts
Same problem here. It would be nice if there was an easy way to tell it to redownload an episode immediately. The latest episode doesn't show up in the list of previous episodes, so it can't be redownloaded.

I've only had one truncated Rocketboom redownload. And one episode I only got seconds of and it was never available as a previous episode. It started with a mirror image of someone wearing a T-shirt displaying one of the AACS keys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Maybe they cut out the bad attempts at humor and awkward chit chat and it ended up being 23 minutes?

Just kidding! I usually only watch the ones that have something interesting in the program description. Otherwise I just get bored with it, but hey, that's just me. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
For the impatient:
You can always watch them via other means (but still on your Tivo)

I utilize the combination of "Miro" and "Pytivo"
- Miro : Kinda like itunes..lets you subscribe to Video Channels (such as Diggnation, dl.tv, Onion)..and downloads them to your pc.
- PyTivo: The app that lets you watch videos in other video formats on your Tivo (ie it autotranscodes to MPG)
====
Of course the above method requires your PC to be on during the transfer.

·
formerly TiVoOpsMgr
1,354 Posts
Hiya folks,

I'm told this was a production error, and on behalf of the folks from Ziff Davis as well as TiVo, we'd like to apologize for the problem. We're still working with Ziff Davis on how to handle this. Currently, rather than cause it to redownload to everyone, we intend to republish it later this week in the archive, so that you can select it for redownload.

Once again, our apologies.

Best regards,
Stephen

·
------ Alan ------
806 Posts
TiVoStephen said:
Hiya folks,

I'm told this was a production error, and on behalf of the folks from Ziff Davis as well as TiVo, we'd like to apologize for the problem. We're still working with Ziff Davis on how to handle this. Currently, rather than cause it to redownload to everyone, we intend to republish it later this week in the archive, so that you can select it for redownload.

Once again, our apologies.

Best regards,
Stephen
the trouble is that DL.TV is now gone from the available list.
--
Alan :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
TiVoStephen said:
Stephen
Episode 192 was just released, so I went into the archives and asked to re-download episode 191 and it still has the same problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.