TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 188 Posts

·
Retro-Av
17,166 Posts
Excuse the quick and dirty pictures... And no comments about the cabling! At least when we move to the new house in November, I'll be able to get some flexi-conduit and actually run them neatly for once...

The whole 9-yards with the Samsung 61" DLP:

The HR10-250 up close:

The little brother (SAT-T60):

The control center (Pronto TSU-3000):

·
Retro-Av
17,166 Posts
Originally posted by Shark73
Mercurial,

Nice setup....what sony receiver do you have? It looks identical to mine. I have the DE935. I'm trying to hold out on upgrading to a new one.
It's a STR-DE835. I actually got a great deal on a STR-DE895 from OneCall.com that I have hooked up in the basement for now. It does 6.1 so when we move, i may take the plunge and re-cable the main family room HT (which is what is pictured) with it so I can add a center rear surround later. It just wasn't worth it to bother with right now and I didn't have any receiver in the rec room when I got the 895.

·
Retro-Av
17,166 Posts
Originally posted by litzdog911
mercurial,
Nice system! I like the way you've raised up your Sony SAT-T60 on CD cases for better airflow. I used pop bottle caps!
Actually, it is a combo of empty CD cases and Reaper stone-side hex battle bases that are epoxied together that were part of some I was using to make my own 25mm miniature based fantasy chess set that still "in progress" 3 years later (the joys of having a 2 1/2 year old).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Greetings!

New Member, but a very amused reader of these forums lately!

I haven't had anything relevant to say up to this point until I saw this thread.

My system is waiting on my B.B. "Preorder".

Here's a picture of the AdMan Theater.

The new HD unit will be easy to install as the equipment cabinets on eiter side have built-in AvRack shelving systems that pull-out and rotate for equipment installs. Rather proud of the set-up, I custom designed it on my Mac and had it custom built to speck. The old 73" screen will look nice when playing back HD programming.

For those so inclined towards equipment lists, here's mine...

Mitsubishi–WS-73907 73” 16x9 TV
Mitsubishi–SR-HD500 Direct TV HiDef System
3-Sony–SVR-2000 Tivo Hard Disc Recorders
Denon–AVR-5800 THX/EX Receiver
Denon–DCM-5000 100-Disc CD Changer
2-Denon–DCM-5001 100-Disc CD Slave Changers
Escient–TuneBase CD Control System
Pioneer Elite–DV-38A DVD Audio/Video Player
Pioneer Elite–DV-C36 5-Disc DVD Player
Sony–SLV-R1000 Super-VHS VCR
Denon–CDR-W1500 CD Recorder
Denon–DP-47F Phono Turntable
MonsterPower–AVS2000 Voltage Stabilizer
2-MonsterPower–HTS5000 Power Centers
3-M&K–S-150AC THX Speakers
2-M&K–SS-150 Surround Speakers
2-M&K-SW-85 Ceiling Back Surround Channel Speakers
2-M&K–MX-350 THX Powered Subwoofers

Total of 11 TV's in the house, flat panels in the bathrooms, etc.
On-Que Whole House wiring system with video modulation to all TV's of main DVD player output, DirectTV-Tivo output, Escient-Tunebase output, and Front and Rear Security cameras. Whole house sound system with a total of 22 JBL speakers with individual room volume controls and infrared repeaters throughout.

I know, I know, it's a rough life, but I'll manage.

Oh yea, 1,312 DVD's in the collection to date.

Here's hoping we all have a Mother's day to remember!

Attachments

·
Retro-Av
17,166 Posts
Originally posted by austink
Where did you get that entertainment center and what size sammy is that? That unit seems perfect...
The Sammy is the 61" HLN617W DLP set. The entertainment center is from Blackwelder's and is adjustable (the shelf and top slide to adjust the width). So I just set the set in and "closed" the entertainment center around it. Then I found some DVD racks that were about the right size to fit the gap between the stand and the side towers and just sat them on the floor beneath it to fill it in.

Unfortunately, Blackwelder's makes it hard to provide direct links so if you look under Living Room -> Entertainment, you'll see their line of entertainment centers. Ours is on like page 4 and is the Lexington Park High Profile.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't do much TV watching on this system,....but it does include 3 Pansonic 40" LCD HD projection televisions....and 9 other monitors to complete this rendition of a 747-400 home cockpit.

The 3 Pansonics provide almost 10 feet of outside world scenery views....very close to the real pit that I sat in for my last 9 years prior to retirement from an airline.

I use a 60" Hitachi HD and a 43" Sammy DLP for regular viewing...the Sammy gets the upcoming HD10-250 from BB.....HOPEFULLY next week...the wife can then just leave "her Hitachi on HGTV all day long. Grin.

Tarmack

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Earl,

I am no longer believing the "I'm broke" in your signature line. Nice setup.
I always thought it was "I'm so broke I don't have much gear to brag about." Perhaps it is "I have so many toys I can't afford to eat."

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry I only have a crappy phone cam but here is the pic of my setup.

From top to bottom:

Surround Center Speaker
JVC JX-S111 Component AV Selector
HR10-250
HDVR2
Panasonic DMR-E80H
Sony SLV-D300P
Sony KV-30XBR910

Even with them stacked like that there isn't a temp problem since it is all in the open and not in a cabinet. The HDVR2 is at 38c and the HR10-250 is at 47c.

-Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, I am not an AV expert(will be easy to figure out); I do have a bunch of tivo's and one replaytv in the house. Just ordered the new HD tivo and have a question. I currently run everything(tivo, dvd,) through a Harman Kardon 525 receiver and then have my Pioneer Elite big screen as the monitor from the HK receiver. I now have s video and optical audio out to the HK. Can I simply run the composite outputs from the tivo to the HK instead along with the same optical audio and have it work or does it need to connect directly to the tv?
Thanks a lot for the help.
Martin

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you guys who have your plasma screens above your fireplaces have any concerns that heat from the fireplace could cause damage? Do you still use the fireplace now that you have those nice TVs above it?

Also, the Hughes box is just plain UGLY. I also prefer the look of the Philips or the Samsung. I wonder if any other design will be coming out for the case? Has anyone heard if there will be any other versions of HD-Tivo?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you guys who have your plasma screens above your fireplaces have any concerns that heat from the fireplace could cause damage? Do you still use the fireplace now that you have those nice TVs above it?

Also, the Hughes box is just plain UGLY. I also prefer the look of the Philips or the Samsung. I wonder if any other design will be coming out for the case? Has anyone heard if there will be any other versions of HD-Tivo?

21 - 40 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.