TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read in the "Initial Impressions" thread that you have a 503CMX with the Aurora A303 and that is the same set up as my system.

I was hoping that you can give me as much detail as possible as to the setup for the new HD TiVo as I am expecting it to arrive any day now.

Here is a quick pic of my set up (yes, the picture was taken during Christmas, and no, I don't have those items out everyday).

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I have my SD-Tivo setup the same as you (S video, set to full mode) and I think the picture is a lot worse than anything coming through DVI. So much so that I would dread having to watch something through Tivo.

I was hoping that by having everything in one box that the less conversions would equal a better picture.

Good to hear that the HDTivo doesn't do anything to digital-OTA, but ya, see if you can play with the TVs ratio setings. I would be interested in what you find.

I have read that HD content through HD Tivo is darker on the display. Have you experienced that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.