TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
Dkerr24 said:
+1 - the OP is not using Directv or a Directv receiver with Tivo.
he will be flogged ;) dont worry the hit squad is on the way. should we use the chinese water torture or bamboo under the fingernails. your choice. you and jim decide on this one :D

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
JimSpence said:
Sheesh, I try to be gentle and still get jumped on. :)

Just a gentle push in the right direction. Afterall, if people would just look to see what the descriptions are for the different forums, they would get answers more quickly. And, not worry about the "hit squad". :D
Jim had us all fooled but not me. He was joking about being joked at for the joke :confused: :confused: :D :D Thank heavens for the :D Or no one would no when no one is Joking about nothing :confused:

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
JimSpence said:
I originally wasn't going to reply to the original thread, but decided that pointing out that there are other forums, both here and elsewhere, where answers are available was a good idea for future newbies. I think the moderators will agree with me that they don't want questions asked in the wrong forums. It just makes it more difficult for the users to find what they need, unless they do a search. This thread is a perfect example, Would another newbie really go to a DirecTV labeled forum for answers about using an SA TiVo with a Dish receiver?

I've been on other forums which are heavily moderated by moving threads to the proper forum when incorrectly posted.
Its Ok jim I was joking :D Or was i! We all know you hate newbies and want to have them fried up with some farber beans and a nice quianti(how the heck do you spell this stupid beverage)! :eek: :D :D No seriously redirecting someone to a different forum where they would get better help is cool ;) Or Is It :confused: :D

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
ttodd1 said:
I think he did Provide an answer. And it seems that the OP has posted other "issues" he has had with his Tivo in the exact forum that Jim stated in his answer. And it is true that the user would get more responses in one of the other fourms. So I don't see where Jim's answer falls under either of the reasons you gave for him to not post. Just because the answer suggests that another forum would provide you with more answers then the one you posted in, I don't see where that is wrong - and Jim did it very nicely. Now had someone posted with a "why the h$%^ did you post in a DTV with Tivo forum you id*&$...." then yes I can see where that would fall under the do not post at all.
All I have to say to this post is. Why the &&^%$#%^&** :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
he will be flogged ;) dont worry the hit squad is on the way. should we use the chinese water torture or bamboo under the fingernails. your choice. you and jim decide on this one :D
This was a Joke :D

Or was it :eek: :D :D

It WAS :D

Perhaps not :confused: :

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
ttodd1 said:
And what the *#$% was wrong with that post.???? :D

Or should I have used [email protected]~` instead of h$%^. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I really thought that h$%^ was a much better choice.

:D :eek:
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.