TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
May I be so bold to point out that this particular forum is entitled "DirecTV Receiver with TiVo". Which of late either means the combination DirecTV receiver with TiVo or the use of a standalone TiVo with a regular DirecTV receiver. This then means that this discussion is more appropriate in the TiVo Help Center forum.

The folks on the DBSTalk Dish Forum, should also be able to help.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
Sheesh, I try to be gentle and still get jumped on. :)

Just a gentle push in the right direction. Afterall, if people would just look to see what the descriptions are for the different forums, they would get answers more quickly. And, not worry about the "hit squad". :D

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
cowboys2002 said:
Not to jump on Jim but,

Didn't the mod (Mike) tell all of us regulars to "chill" on the newbies?

Specifically:

Stop telling people to use the search button.
Either provide an answer or not post at all?

Yes, the OP posted in the wrong thread. I get that. But, somebody answered them ANYWAY, and did not chastise them in the process. AFTER the answer was given, JS (and yes he was gentle) comes in with his post.

I'm sorry, but i'm just stating the facts.
I originally wasn't going to reply to the original thread, but decided that pointing out that there are other forums, both here and elsewhere, where answers are available was a good idea for future newbies. I think the moderators will agree with me that they don't want questions asked in the wrong forums. It just makes it more difficult for the users to find what they need, unless they do a search. This thread is a perfect example, Would another newbie really go to a DirecTV labeled forum for answers about using an SA TiVo with a Dish receiver?

I've been on other forums which are heavily moderated by moving threads to the proper forum when incorrectly posted.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
I have nothing against newbies. Afterall I was one once. And I remember doing the "search" thing way too often back in the day. (When was that again? Has it been almost 6 years?) I reformed and try to nudge people using different methods. :)

It is still frustrating to see a new question that could have been answered by a simple search or by reading the stickies and FAQs.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
MikeekiM said:
However, I think the Happy Hour should be open game for any topic, including Dish and DirecTV non-TiVo receiver talk...

Hell, if you see all the useless talk there (and I am definitely a happy participant in most of the useless talk), there's certainly room for any Dish Network experiences that people want to share...
I totally agree as long that the talk remains HAPPY. :)

But, technical questions about hardware need to be asked in their appropriate forums, either here or there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.