TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
back?
1,596 Posts
Right at the top of the page of the jenkins guide, it says for Series 1 tivos... hacking a Series 2 generally involves a different process... Check out gunnyman's unguide and the zipper thread

·
back?
1,596 Posts
Didn't realize you were running a standalone. The hacking process for a standalone is ALMOST identical (but I'm not positive exactly what is different, as I don't own one).
More info on hacking an SA can be found on DDB.

·
back?
1,596 Posts
mike said:
Thanks BTUx9.

I don’t quite understand how a checksum is initiated on the drive while it’s in my PC.

TWP requires a new directory, but it'll be blown away before I even get to fire it up in the TiVo. So how do I load the necessary hacks w/o losing them immediately?
re: the info that disappeared when you didn't even boot the drive in the tivo, I haven't got a clue... are you sure you put it where you think you did?

re: twp, that's why the box needs to be hacked... it disables that "feature", so the tivo s/w doesn't checksum itself and doesn't blow away whatever hacks you've installed. For S2 tivos (not the newer "s2.5" w/ the nightlight) the most common hack is called killhdinitrd... you may want to look around for info on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.