TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad tuner in my Tivo Premier XL. Tuner 0 is gone, but tuner 1 still has a good signal (37db). My tivo doesn't know this, however, and tries to record on tuner 0. Is there a way to manually disable tuner 0 so that my Tivo won't use it at all, and will warn me if I have two recordings at the same time?

Thanks!

·
TDL shepherd
17,398 Posts
Great question. I know I was able to do this with our old HDVR2 DirecTiVo units when one of the tuners died.

I suspect you'll need to contact TiVo. Fingers crossed you'll have luck.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
I have a bad tuner in my Tivo Premier XL. Tuner 0 is gone, but tuner 1 still has a good signal (37db). My tivo doesn't know this, however, and tries to record on tuner 0. Is there a way to manually disable tuner 0 so that my Tivo won't use it at all, and will warn me if I have two recordings at the same time?

Thanks!
Is it the analog cable tuner, the digital cable tuner, the analog OTA tuner or the digital OTA tuner?*

Are you using a cable card?

*The reason I ask is that I've got a Series 3 HD which had a bad analog cable tuner, but tuned digital OTA just fine on both tuners, and when I put a cable card in it tuned digital cable on both tuners just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts