TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Tech-no Guide
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Tech-no Guide
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep Directv has terrible links, waaaaay to long, but like you said good news.

· Proud Computer Geek
1,117 Posts
May be good for some but no MRV and the code has been removed (as has been reported). I don't find this good news.

· Tech-no Guide
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The press release also said "In addition, DIRECTV and TiVo will continue to explore ways to bring future enhancements to DIRECTV customers with TiVo receivers." What are they referring to? MRV? HMO?

Question: why is Directv and Tivo updating a product they no longer offer? Out of the goodness of their hearts?

· Domestic Extremist
16,877 Posts
2008? I plan to upgrade TV long before then and getting rid of Direct TV is a possibility. I need HD recording. Unless that is part of the package with TiVo, I'm likely gone. Wish they'd done this a few years ago.

And, like Snickerrrrs says...why?

· TiVo Fan
950 Posts
justapixel said:
2008? I plan to upgrade TV long before then and getting rid of Direct TV is a possibility. I need HD recording. Unless that is part of the package with TiVo, I'm likely gone. Wish they'd done this a few years ago.

And, like Snickerrrrs says...why?
Same here!

The deal killer is no MRV.

So to DirecTV I say, "TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE!"

· Proud Computer Geek
1,117 Posts
snickerrrrs said:
The press release also said "In addition, DIRECTV and TiVo will continue to explore ways to bring future enhancements to DIRECTV customers with TiVo receivers." What are they referring to? MRV? HMO?
Who knows - but I seriously doubt it - and look how long it took them just to get these 3 "enhancements" out....

Sorry but I've had these plus MRV for a long time now. :eek:

· Dumb Blond
38,732 Posts
Overlap protection - another feature standalones have had since version 7.

It's not news in the sense that we've known it was coming for months. What we don't know is when it will show up. My guess is not until April, at least.

· Banned
3,200 Posts
Overlap protection - another feature standalones have had since version 7.

It's not news in the sense that we've known it was coming for months. What we don't know is when it will show up. My guess is not until April, at least.
April perhaps but what year:eek:

· Just a boring dude
36,220 Posts
I say this whenever there are updates to the dtivo. If I could be allowed to increase my dvr fee to what standalone owners pay and have all of the features standalone owners have, I would do it, gladly.

· Lost in Big Bend
1,512 Posts
I say this whenever there are updates to the dtivo. If I could be allowed to increase my dvr fee to what standalone owners pay and have all of the features standalone owners have, I would do it, gladly.
But only if I can leave my 'features' where they are and keep paying the same monthly fee. Undelete doesn't interest me, as the current 'are you sure' screen is enough to keep me from accidentally deleting a program. Overlap protection also isn't a interesting feature. The only one I have any interest in is Online Scheduling.

· I am the me.
820 Posts
No need to raise the dvr fee. I'd be willing to do it at the current rate. :D

Seriously, though, I agree with you, so long as it is still one flat charge per month (one dvr fee for all dvr's on the account).

· Tivo User
2,462 Posts
+1

For me to ever consider DTV... they would need to get a HD Tivo in their lineup and since that's never gonna happen....

I'll stick with....

S2 SA Tivo and Dish Now (for satellite)
S3 and THD (for OTA HD)

Too bad for Directv... since I loved my DTV Tivos. However, the fees and the treatment of their customers drove me away.

Same here!

The deal killer is no MRV.

So to DirecTV I say, "TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE!"

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.