TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· TiVo Fan
950 Posts
smithken31100 said:
You got that right, I have never seen gas bills like I have now.

DTV is still cheaper than cable here but not by much, $8.50 per month for simular service. However the cable company offers this service for $40 per month for current satellite customers switching to, or back to, cable. The $40 price is guaranteed for 2 years. In return they want all your satellite equipment. I wonder if they would notice if I kept the DVR and gave them a regular DTV receiver?
Do they know what equipment you have? I doubt it. And does the contract say all equipment or would they be happy with just active or inactive equipment?

· TiVo Fan
950 Posts
By the way, has anyone actually pointed out that DirecTV has raised rates twice within the last year?

DVR fee increase from $4.99 to 5.99. (agreed only for new customers or added DVRs)
And this new "Read My Lips" NO RATE INCREASE-RATE INCREASE.

· TiVo Fan
950 Posts
Does anyone know, is the DVR fee increasing for everyone on March 1 to $5.99?

· TiVo Fan
950 Posts
I called DirecTV and talked to billing and they confirmed that my "TOTAL CHOICE PLUS" with locals is increasing by $3.00 to $48.99 and my DVR fee is increasing by $1.00 to $5.99.

And she confirmed that everyone’s existing DVR fee of $4.99 is increasing to $5.99, starting March 1.

Their timing sure makes it suspect, that we all are actually paying for the development and deployment of the new "R15" and "HR20" boxes.

I have been with DirecTV almost 12 years now and over the last three to four years, they just keep getting worst.

I will absorb the increase of $4.00 per month and DO NOT plan on jumping ship to cable. But then again, some people may find that their local ISP is going to be run by Murdoch, see the news of the past six months about Murdoch buying broadband capability. (Note: He understands the threat that VIDEO ON DEMAND has over DirecTV.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.