TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
skaeight said:
I called to confirm that the price increase affects those that are in a commitment. It does.

However, the good news is that I found out that my commitment is up in Sept of this year, which happens to coincide with the release of the Series 3 (hopefully). So I'm going to ride it out with d* until my commitment is up and then we'll see what happens. :)
Are you saying that if you are in a one year contract, they can change the monthly rate during the contract period? Isn't that breach of contract? Wouldn't they have to let you out of the contract if you demanded it because they are changing the terms of the contract?

· Registered
54 Posts
skaeight said:
Yep, that's what I'm saying. You would think that it would be a breach of contract, however if you look at your programming agreement there's a clause in there that basically states they can change anything they want at any time (channels, prices, etc.)

You can end your side of the committment by sending back your equipment though. I'm not sure if that will still be an option after 3/1.

I think come September I'm going to be running from this company. I used to think that Dish had slimey business practices, D* is now giving them a run for their money.
What's going on here? I've had DirecTV for years and always though they were a great compnay, but this really stinks. I live in the boondocks, so my only choices are DirecTV and Dish. I can't get cable. From what I've heard, Dish isn't so great, so I really don't know what to do here. Any advice, anyone? I just have Total Choice with locals and the HD package. I haven't gotten any email or anything yet though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.