TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
I don't really enjoy price increases that much... but they happen...

This one is the least of my wories... a net addition of $3 a month (+4 base -1 for HD)
Is much better then has been happening to people's adjustable equity loans and credit card rates...

And train tickets, and auto/home fuel cost increases, ahh well...

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Lee L said:
But Earl, 2 weeks after they bragged about not raising rates and said they would not rasie them this year? This coupled with the coming changes for HDTV are just making cable look a lot more attractive.
I agree with that one... not sure whey did that...
Maybe it was one hand not talking to another... (just like changing the FX channels and not telling someone to send a message out to TiVo users)

It is is ODD and very bad for their PR.

I don't mind the upcomming changes to the HD... at least at this point.
A lot to be decided when formal announcements and real life reports on how that swap out goes.

Frankly... surprised it has taken 10 years to have them start to push a technology shift... but that is a debate for another day.

Even still... I still loath Comcast in this area of the country... Gosh I wish I had access to DSL for FIOS for my internet... I think they cable in my ground is causing the nice discolored line between my access box and my house box... :D

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
dswallow said:
3) For the first time ever I found the picture qualilty of an SD channel atrocious (SciFi during "The Triangle")
So I am not going crazy that this week SCI-FI signal has gone in the toilet...
I bet comes Saturday morning we start to see a ton of posts when people start to watch SCI-FI Friday and see it...

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
You don't think DISH isn't going to follow suite soon?
Only took them two days to release "their" family package....

And if the true reason in increased cost in programming... Dish is going to have to eat that cost soon... Plus they are going to be like... .Hey if CableCo and DirecTV can raise rates... we will leave them low for a few months to get their ticked of customers, then we can raise ares using the same reasoning...

· has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
cheer said:
Earl: rumor has it that AT&T's IPTV (via AT&T's new VDSL) product will be trialing in the Chicago area around summertime.
Hmmm... Intresting... Let's see if they make it down to me.... :D

As for the rest of it...

Said it before, Say it again... I don't like paying more..
But this increase is NOTHING like the increase of my Natural Gas Bill... Heck the increase from last year to this year would pay my entire DIRECTV bill for at least 3-4 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.