TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Systems Analyst
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Question here... Just purchased R-10 from Best Buy, it came with software version 5.1-01-2-521. Is this the latest version, and if not, can I force a version upgrade? Any assistance would be appreicated...

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, This isn't the newest software. You can try to force the download But if that don't work more than likely you will get it soon automatically. Recently I added a sd vdr40 I bought on Ebay it had the 3.1 software I forced the update it didn't work , but in about two weeks I got it automatically. BTW Newest SW 6.2

2 R-10's
1 R-15
1 SD DVR40

·
Systems Analyst
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any suggestions on how to force the update? Not too experienced here...

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cygnet Boy said:
Quick Question here... Just purchased R-10 from Best Buy, it came with software version 5.1-01-2-521. Is this the latest version, and if not, can I force a version upgrade? Any assistance would be appreicated...

Thanks.
Must be a typo - there's no v5.1 AFAIK.

My R10 made it's phone call last week and it's still running v6.1-01-2-521.
That is probably the latest version for the R10.

-Jack
DirecTV R10, 70 hr.

·
has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
R10's where released on DAY ONE with 6.1

Version 5 was only for the StandAlone Tivos with DVD Recorders in them...
V5 was never on any DTivo, nor non DVD-Standalone

In 18 months, R10's have never recieved any software updates, so the one it came with on day one, is still the same one there today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.