TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Got TV?
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the dreaded rate increase letter today. However, D* tried to soften the blow by stating how hard they worked to increase the channels. They have added a lot of new Para Todos channels and actually out of all them, only one interests me at the moment.

I am however a bit confused. If I just agreed for another year of service w/D* when I purchased my HR10 last year, doesn't that mean that I should be paying the current rate until my one year contractual agreement is up?

I mean that was my theory when I bought my first D* Tivo unit in '04. I was mad because I was still under the agreement when I purchased my HR10 and I automatically had my DVR fee increased by $1, when I called to activate the HR10.

I'm thinking of complaining to find out what my options are. I have Comcast sending me offer letters for $29 digital service for a year. I'm going to call and ask retention what they can do for me because if they have broken their own agreement by charging me more than what I had originally agreed upon when I activated the HR10, than that means I'm free from their agreement and can choose someone else to meet my TV/HD needs.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The haven't broken the agreement. Read it. You agreed to so many months of Package X or better, not a price.

This is a generic programming agreement but should cover most variables.

Within 30 days of purchase of your DIRECTV System equipment, you agree to activate and pay for 12 consecutive months (24 consecutive months for advanced receivers) of: any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package (valued at $41.99 per mo. or above); or, any DIRECTV PARA TODOS® programming package (valued at $29.99 per mo. or above); ..... In certain markets, programming and pricing may vary. DIRECTV PROGRAMMING AND PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.

·
Got TV?
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah blame the small print! *#[email protected]! Lawyers! :D

I'll still call to find out how the handle my rant. I hate to say it but if Tivo series 3 comes out sooner rather than later I may opt out of D* and go w/the not much better Comcast. You know even though the fine print is there, when someone asks a CSR "I'll continue to pay my current rate for the full year", and they answer yes without hesitation it just goes to show these fine prints need to be called better/defined print!

My bad!

·
Registered
178 Posts
For me it's Para Todos is going downhill.

They took off Sur. They took off Utilisima. They take out Telefe and I'm gone.

And now, my $50 monthly bill is going up to $60 ??? That's a 20% increase !!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I still have the old OPCION ultra at 39.99 . I understand my bill will go up a bit, but are they switching me to the SELECCION MAS for 49.99 which appears to be my equivalent pkg? I hope not I like my existing pkg. Otherwise, is there a way to get just the 400-420 type channels as an add on to CHOICE PLUS for 46.99? My wife wants some of the missing AMERICAN channels like LFTMN and I miss CNBC for olympic action along with our spanish channels. I just want to know if anyone has tips or work aroundz

Izzy :eek:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
izzy223 said:
Otherwise, is there a way to get just the 400-420 type channels as an add on to CHOICE PLUS for 46.99?
D* used to have a Spanish-only package that used to cost only $15, that could be added on to ANY of the TC-english only packages, so that you could get ALL the channels in those TC packages, along with ALL the spanish ones. (I can't remember what the name of it was, but I do know it definately existed)

My wife wants some of the missing AMERICAN channels like LFTMN and I miss CNBC for olympic action along with our spanish channels.
You only need TC if those 2 are the only missing channels you are wanting; you don't need to go to TC+ to get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts