TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a deal with them to install a new dish,multiswitch,and 2 HD DVRs for $19.99. in December because I was going to go to Dish Network, and have been with them since day one.I had to put the install on hold because we were going to move and felt that, why install it if I am moving.
Well I called to reschedule the install and low and behold the only deal they could do was 1 DVR and the install for $19.99. When i brought up going to Dish Network, I was told Directv has more channels and better service. They know they are on top now until cable, or Dish get more HD channels.
Im not going to buy another receiver for an extra $299. I will just wait for Dish or Cable and stay with my 2 TIVOs..


They SUCK!
Vid53

ps
I have to watch the playoffs on TBS in SD and I am paying for the HD package.
Go figure!
 

·
Pro Troll Magnet
Joined
·
15,197 Posts
Want some cheese with that whine?

They're giving you a DVR for $20 and you're complaining?????? There are a lot of people who would jump on that deal in a heartbeat.

If you really wanted to get two for that price, you should have jumped on the deal when they offered it to you and not expect them to give it to you when YOU are ready.

You're not going to get a lot of sympathy here, I'm afraid. Greed rarely does.
 

·
Save the Moderatоr
Joined
·
57,754 Posts
It's not exactly better service when their response to you is to slam the door in your face.

If you had the offer of 2 HR20's and installation for $19.99 I don't see why they aren't honoring it. There should be some record of it on your account.
 

·
Pro Troll Magnet
Joined
·
15,197 Posts
Doug, the offer was back in DECEMBER! Do you seriously expect anyone to honor an offer made 10 months ago when the HR20 was newer, buggier and in much lower demand (not that it's so great now)???

The deal that was offered was a lot better than most were getting even back then, so now people are lining up to buy the box (to watch the playoffs among other things), I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect them to not honor it. I think it's a good deal to even be able to get ONE box for that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
vid53 said:
I had a deal with them to install a new dish,multiswitch,and 2 HD DVRs for $19.99. in December because I was going to go to Dish Network, and have been with them since day one.I had to put the install on hold because we were going to move and felt that, why install it if I am moving.
Well I called to reschedule the install and low and behold the only deal they could do was 1 DVR and the install for $19.99. When i brought up going to Dish Network, I was told Directv has more channels and better service. They know they are on top now until cable, or Dish get more HD channels.
Im not going to buy another receiver for an extra $299. I will just wait for Dish or Cable and stay with my 2 TIVOs..

They SUCK!
Vid53

ps
I have to watch the playoffs on TBS in SD and I am paying for the HD package.
Go figure!
Yes, you're exactly right. They've taken on a bully attitude. They made a commitment to you and should have kept it or at least informed you that it was only good for so many days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,095 Posts
RS4 said:
They've taken on a bully attitude.
You can't keep using the same line :)

Would you expect a car place to honor a deal you made for a car 10 months later, or a deal for a TV in Best Buy, have you ever in fact seen a TIVO discounted by TIVO ? Seems some are held to a higher standard.
 

·
Save the Moderatоr
Joined
·
57,754 Posts
TonyTheTiger said:
Doug, the offer was back in DECEMBER! Do you seriously expect anyone to honor an offer made 10 months ago when the HR20 was newer, buggier and in much lower demand (not that it's so great now)???

The deal that was offered was a lot better than most were getting even back then, so now people are lining up to buy the box (to watch the playoffs among other things), I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect them to not honor it. I think it's a good deal to even be able to get ONE box for that price.
If when he called to postpone the install he postponed it, not canceled it... yes, I expect them to honor it. They let him postpone the install. Postpone means postpone.

If they didn't establish a restriction on the offer at the time he postponed the installation, I don't see why he shouldn't expect the offer to still be valid.
 

·
Seenyer Member
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
dswallow said:
It's not exactly better service when their response to you is to slam the door in your face.

If you had the offer of 2 HR20's and installation for $19.99 I don't see why they aren't honoring it. There should be some record of it on your account.
i agree.

and please ...the simple fact that we, as customers have to call multiple times to get the same deal that others have gotten is the biggest load of crap ive ever heard.

some pay $199, some $99, others $19.99 ...while others are free (yet still, others get credits and actually come out ahead) ...and any one of these can take 4 calls or more to get?

utter bullsh*t.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I paid $99.00 back in april for an HR20 upgrade. They gave me an owned unit and let me keep my old unit. I wondered about the owned thing, however I dont all my units on my bill just say addition receiver fee. Nothing about leased. I can understand they prob have halted all promotions due to the high demand for upgrades. I dont think its because they dont want to give you a good deal, they just dont have enough installers and equipment otherwise.
 

·
has gone his way...
Joined
·
11,164 Posts
dswallow said:
If when he called to postpone the install he postponed it, not canceled it... yes, I expect them to honor it. They let him postpone the install. Postpone means postpone.

If they didn't establish a restriction on the offer at the time he postponed the installation, I don't see why he shouldn't expect the offer to still be valid.
I could understand if maybe this was 10 days... or maybe 10 weeks (tops).

But 10 months?

What other company is out there, that you would strike a "deal" with... that would keep it 10 months later?

So...... while this OP may have had a legit case, and did the "proper" thing by waiting to have it install because of a move.... how many cases do you think of people out there are like that? I would be that he is the 1 in 10,000 if not higher...

We don't even hold Layaway's that have had no payment activity for 10 months in our retail chain... and there is hard "cash" involved with the down payment for the "deal" that was made on the piece.... not just an "over the phone" agreement..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
I'd try talking to someone else there. I bought an HR10-250 from Directv 2 years ago. They told me that when the new HR20 came out they'd give it to me for free. I called around 3 months ago and they made good on their offer. All I had to pay was $20 shipping. :up: Another happy Directv customer here.
 

·
has gone his way...
Joined
·
11,164 Posts
kbohip said:
I'd try talking to someone else there. I bought an HR10-250 from Directv 2 years ago. They told me that when the new HR20 came out they'd give it to me for free. I called around 3 months ago and they made good on their offer. All I had to pay was $20 shipping. :up: Another happy Directv customer here.
Honestly... you probably would have gotten that deal 3 months ago...
Even if you didn't "make that deal" 2 years ago.... as that was one of the "upgrade" offers they had active at the time for existing HR10-250 owners
 

·
Everyday is Saturday
Joined
·
6,221 Posts
Hell if I offered to sell you my boat for 2,000 (in the winter when boat sales are way down) and you didn't buy it.. then MONTHS later you came back during the summer (when I have people asking about my boat constantly)... guess what? 3,000 bucks. :)

What you're complaining about makes no sense at all.
 

·
Save the Moderatоr
Joined
·
57,754 Posts
Philly Bill said:
Hell if I offered to sell you my boat for 2,000 (in the winter when boat sales are way down) and you didn't buy it.. then MONTHS later you came back during the summer (when I have people asking about my boat constantly)... guess what? 3,000 bucks. :)

What you're complaining about makes no sense at all.
You've conveniently forgotten the step where he called you back to ask if it was OK to wait until he moved where, if it wasn't, you'd have said so. That's why you think it makes no sense. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
We don't have access to the first CSR's notes so we do not know for sure if they noted a total of $19.99 total last year. The notes could say $19.99 each.

You have a $600 deal negotiated down to $40.

You have negotiated them down 93%.

Will another 3% off really make you happy?

Your deal is as good as anyone is getting in the thread:

HR10-250 and MPEG4; Upgrade Offer

If you want to stay with DIRECTV, take the offer. If you want out, here is your exit.

Good luck with your decision!

- Craig
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top