TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think "dead-end" is a good way to describe it. And "unsupported" might be a good addition. At this point, given what I've read about the R15 software base that will be used for the HR20 MPG4 DVR, I'm pretty much open to switching to the cablecard Tivo should it be at least as good as the current HD Tivo from DirecTV.

Pretty sad that while standalone DVRs (Tivo, MythTV, XP Media Edition) have all seen tons of advances (UI, functionality, networking, MRV, to-go), satellite + cable DVRs are moving backwards.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If CableVision offered a dual-tuner TiVo-based HD DVR, I'd have a very tough decision. I don't exactly consider CableVision a good company to have to deal with, but if DirecTv can't deliver equivalent functionality in their "new" HD DVR's that I've been enjoying for years, then I'd probably make the switch (although I'd obviously prefer to not to have to).
That's exactly where I am (except I'm in Comcast territory). I don't have any problems with DirecTV (per se), just with what they've (not) done with the Tivos they released and what they're doing with their new DVRs.

If the HR20 still has the same basic flaws as the R15, there's little chance of me moving to that platform. I'll look around elsewhere, and if there's another Tivo box from someone that can record HD, I'll go there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.