1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
forums.directv.com

Got this email today:
Hello ebonovic,

First, we’d like to welcome you to the DIRECTV Technical Help Forums and thank you for sharing your expertise with the rest of the community.

But, you might have noticed over the past few days that some of your posts were edited or taken down. We wanted to inform you that we had to remove or edit your recent post due to objectionable content. As posted online in our Terms and Conditions:

Be honest. When talking online with other community members, please refrain from random bashing or unfair comments or statements that you don’t believe are true. Your opinions are respected by your peers and can impact their thoughts and actions. Please don't post about "hacked" DIRECTV System cards, receivers or DIRECTV DVRs. DIRECTV does not support modifying the hardware or software of your DIRECTV System, so no discussions of opening the receiver or other types of modifications should be discussed in our forums. Posts of this nature may be removed.

Below is a post we edited to give you an example of posts that we will edit/remove:

-) The "Phone" line connection method is no longer used by DirecTV to provide the Guide Data and ShowCase data. It comes via the the SAT signal.
-) The "Phone" line requirement is really only enforced when you are first activating the unit, after that you can use the box successfully (though be it with a daily nag screen).
-) The phone lines are currently used to "trigger" software installations (that are downloaded via the SAT), upload PPV data, and View habit data. They are also used to enforce mirroring restrictions, but it has been a long time since I have heard of someone being bit by that.
-) The USB ports are primarily not active, as DTV is afraid of the content creators and distributors, people having the "possibility" of networkable access to the "digital" versions of the programs...
See: www.tivocommunity.com for much more information on what you can do with those USB ports, and options for using the DTivo without a phoneline.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV Forum Support
The section in red was removed from the post...

Oh well... guess it crossed line regarding "hacking"

·
Banned
2,635 Posts
ebonovic said:
forums.directv.com

Got this email today:

The section in red was removed from the post...

Oh well... guess it crossed line regarding "hacking"
Well, Earl, let's be honest here....It was only a matter of time before you upset someone! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it had more to do with kicking them in the balls about the USB ports and calling D* " 'fraidy cats " of the content people. ;)

I, for one, LOVE IT!!!

·
has gone his way...
11,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:)

It is not like I am lying or saying anything wrong....
Guess they don't want their forum providing... ALL the answers :D

No biggie...

Just thought it was intresting through...

Less then a week... not too bad...

·
Just a boring dude
32,054 Posts
strangely enough my post linking my HMO howto page still exists

·
TechKnow Guide
12,027 Posts
You're not alone ....
I tried answering a question at the DirecTV Forum where someone was asking about operating their DirecTV Receiver using a 12V DC supply. I tried to post a response with a link to a Radio Shack voltage inverter, and the word "Shack" was flagged as offensive!?! Does DirecTV have something against Radio Shack, or is there some new slang usage of the word "shack" that I'm not aware of?

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,211 Posts
litzdog911 said:
You're not alone ....
I tried answering a question at the DirecTV Forum where someone was asking about operating their DirecTV Receiver using a 12V DC supply. I tried to post a response with a link to a Radio Shack voltage inverter, and the word "Shack" was flagged as offensive!?! Does DirecTV have something against Radio Shack, or is there some new slang usage of the word "shack" that I'm not aware of?
Maybe there's an S-Hack? ;)

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
Earl You Da Man. :) Stick it to em. Keep coming here to show us what the y take out. ;) Show them up for the chicken Sh*&'s that they are. What are they afraid of? The truth hurts. :D Btw Can you link me there so I can posts some truths!! In fact lets all give those ^&^%%$#$ censors some real work to delete! :rolleyes: :up:

·
"On Welfare"
819 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
Earl You Da Man. :) Stick it to em. Keep coming here to show us what the y take out. ;) Show them up for the chicken Sh*&'s that they are. What are they afraid of? The truth hurts. :D Btw Can you link me there so I can posts some truths!! In fact lets all give those ^&^%%$#$ censors some real work to delete! :rolleyes: :up:
http://forums.directv.com/pe/index.jsp

·
Banned
3,498 Posts
Tanks. I thought it was a general D* forum for chit chat. Of course they dont want outsiders coming in and giving Tech advice. They want to be in control. Do not attempt to adjust this forum.We control the horizontal. We control the vertical. Join us here each week when the control voice takes you to " The Directv Limits"!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Guindalf said:
Well, Earl, let's be honest here....It was only a matter of time before you upset someone! :D
Lest you forget Earl was the one that discovered the HMO files on his R10. We all know they weren't happy about that. :D

1 - 20 of 131 Posts