TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
TiVo Fan
1,352 Posts
DesignDawg said:
This isn't possible TiVo DVRs are perfect.
This is usually a sign that the hard drive is failing, if you are receiving a strong signal.

And an extra note to "DesignDawg", all DVRs, any make or model can have this problem at any point in their lifetime. This not something that Motorola, Moxi, Scientific Atlanta (Cisco), ReplayTV, DirecTV, Dish, LG/Microsoft, Sony, TiVo, Humax, Swann, Dish, Samsung, Sharp, or Microsoft (UTV), can stop from happening from time to time.

As a special note, I have what will soon be a six year old Sony TiVo DVR, which is still running its original OEM hard drive and an additional 60GB Maxtor that I added to it when it was only a couple of months old back in 2000 and I have never had a problem with it. In other words, the Sony SVR-2000 has been running almost non-stop (except for two days when I moved in 2002) for 5 years and 10 months with its OEM HD and 5 years and 8 months with two hard drives and no other modifications. It has nothing to do with it being a TiVo or a Sony, because back then Sony used the same parts except for some remote control programming.

I do know that my Sony SVR-2000 will not likely make it another two years, but then again it has been great while it lasted.

I have three HDVR2s that have not had a single problem in what will soon be three years of continuous use, unless the problems where caused by a messed up DirecTV feed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.