TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
My R-10, which i bought in Jan 2005, freezes up about once every week or 2, usually in the buffer mode, never that I can recall, in the recording mode. In fact, one time it froze in the buffer (or live) mode while something was recording on the other feed. Interestingly, it never stopped recording that feed until I finally restarted the unit. I learned this, of course, after the fact. Usually, the R10 freezes up when I "exercise" it, constantly using the 8-second return button to review sports plays, for example. However, I'm pretty sure it's never frozen on actual recordings. Perhaps the key, I suppose, is to simply record every live show that I'm going to "screw around" with. It never freezes "by itself", only when I play with it. I just wondered if there was another way to allieviate the problem without doing a hard restart.

·
Registered
104 Posts
profbobo, do you live in an area that gets a lot of thunderstorms? That would explain the simultaneous pixelations between the 2 tivo's. That's a dish reception problem, not a tivo problem. In any case your problem does not sound like mine. Mine has been on its best behaviour lately...probaby cuz I haven't been messing about with it so much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.