TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Get the ketchup.
19,354 Posts
profbobo said:
I’ll chime in as well.

One of my R10s is experiencing exactly the same thing. The other one has no problems at all.

The problem box will pixelate or stutter every 20 minutes or so. It seems to happen on both tuners at the same time. I was watching live TV and it stuttered. I switched to the other tuner and hit replay. I saw the stutter in the buffer on that tuner as well.

This leads me to believe it’s not a tuner problem but something else.

We don’t put the R10s in stand by. We just turn off the TV.

Sometimes we’ll turn on the TV and the screen will be blank (black). No audio or video. It’s that way on all channels. Other times we’ll turn on the TV and the video is frozen with live audio playing. If I switch the channel, it’ll go blank screen on me with no audio. It won’t record shows while there is a blank screen.

Also, the stutter shows up in recordings.

Sometimes I’ll see the banner that I need to activate my service. Sometimes my System Information screen says Account Closed. Other times it says Account in Good Standing.

A reboot will fix it for a while.

Signals are strong. Temp is Normal. Both R10s were purchased brand new in sealed boxes at the same time.

I see a couple posts saying it’s the hard drive and others saying the box is bad; get it replaced.

Has anyone just replaced the drive in a box that does this? If so, did a new drive solve the problem?

I’d be tempted to replace the drive if it will solve the problem. I’d like to avoid the "return your new box and get a beat up refurb that might have the same problem" game with DirecTV.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Joe

Actually there are two threads that seem to talk about what I am experiencing.

This thread and help! R10 feed turns to black every few days.
I went through this and the first attempt was to replace the access card, but it didin't help. Now I am waiting for the replacement from DirecTV. I got my R10 as a refurb in the DVR4ME deal. These refurbs must appear to be ok to DirecTV since they work normally for a while. I just hope the replacement I get doesn't have the same problem.

·
Get the ketchup.
19,354 Posts
I've hooked up my new R10 and it seems to be working fine, so not all the replacements are defective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.