TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie, so be kind. I recently graduated to the DVR world. I have a Direct TV R-10 and upgraded my dish. It seems that I can't get through a whole show or recorded movie without it freezing and pixelating (sp?) for a second. Hope this isn't normal but any advise would be appreaciated. The signal strength on all satellites are strong.
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
i am having the same problem. I get pixilation and freezing at least once a show. I have also been having problems with shows not recording. the box seems to lock up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought a new R10 at the end of October, and both of these problems (monentary freezing/pixelization and receiver locking up) happened to me right out of the box. I called D* and tried all of their suggestions, none of which worked, and brought it back to the vendor for an exchange. The replacement unit has never done this stuff. I have heard of other people having the same problem with new R10s. It is not normal. You have defective units which you should replace. Hmmm... maybe you got the one that I returned?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My R-10 seems to lock up so that I can't watch live tv. The only way to correct the problem is to do a system reset. This problem occurs about once every two weeks. The first unit I purchased had the same problem but occurred overy other day. Could this have to do with my single LNB satellite dish? Would upgrading to a multiple LNB dish help correct this problem..

I'm pretty frustrated with this problem. Also, I have the same problem is that the picture locks up for a second or two and clear up. This occurs once every few hours.

please help..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently purchased a R-10 and had the same problems. i called DTV and they replaced it at no charge and I have not had the problem since.

perry

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
dgiannoni said:
My R-10 seems to lock up so that I can't watch live tv. The only way to correct the problem is to do a system reset. This problem occurs about once every two weeks. The first unit I purchased had the same problem but occurred overy other day. Could this have to do with my single LNB satellite dish? Would upgrading to a multiple LNB dish help correct this problem..

I'm pretty frustrated with this problem. Also, I have the same problem is that the picture locks up for a second or two and clear up. This occurs once every few hours.

please help..
It's clearly a defective unit. You shouldn't have kept it. Try to return it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
had the same problem with my first one and the replacement they sent. Turns out that this completely stopped when I got the 6.x software update. Force a few calls and you should be OK once you get the update.

·
Registered
183 Posts
mlklein said:
had the same problem with my first one and the replacement they sent. Turns out that this completely stopped when I got the 6.x software update. Force a few calls and you should be OK once you get the update.
Huh? I thought that all R-10s shipped with the latest and greatest software, and anyway, there hasn't been any update for the R-10 yet, has there?

·
Registered
183 Posts
rigs49 said:
How many units did you return Beartrap? Seems to me that it was more than one. lol
No, just the one, although I've responded with my story to several different posters who have reported the same problem. Seems to be not uncommon for the R-10 to have stutter and system freeze problems out of the box. Dollars to donuts that Wal*Mart simply put my returned unit back on the shelf. I was in the store yesterday, and I stopped over at the D* display to see what they had in stock. A few R-15s, some HD receivers, and one R-10, in you guessed it, an open box. They probably won't discount it, either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I too bought an R10 to add along with my Hughes and it immediately began the freezing, pixelating, sometimes a black screen. I bought it from a former sponser on here, Value Electronics, and when I called them they replaced it immediately. Problem is my replacement R10 began doing the same thing too. Not as bad as the first one but same issues and very annoying.

To add to the problem I called Value Electronics Friday, 2/24/06, and was told by the rep. (Sherry) she would call me back but that has not happened yet. I asked about a bad batch of hard drives in their R10's and she said they did have some.

Now I wait.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.