TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,113 Posts
During the football games I saw one of the Ford (I think) truck commercials in HD; the one where the truck lifts a semi (18-wheeler) tractor by driving underneath it with a block and tackle.

Today I happened to be slow-motio... er... watchi... er... not paying much attention to a Victoria's Secret commercial (in SD :( ) and I thought... what happens when VS commercials are in HD? Yikes! The question is, will the folks who believe no one should be allowed to watch anything they themselves don't want to watch be able to get commercials pulled... only time will tell...

·
TV-MA LSV
1,546 Posts
The question is, will the folks who believe no one should be allowed to watch anything they themselves don't want to watch be able to get commercials pulled... only time will tell...
They already are/do.

"Won't someone pleeeeeeeeeze think of the children. It's allllll about the children."

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,113 Posts
Really? Which commercials were pulled? I believe you but I'm curious.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
newsposter said:
If all commercials were HD, maybe we'd watch them....nahhh.
I really enjoy the HD commercials for the X-BOX360 I see on HDNet. I find the ads/promos on the HD-dedicated channesl far more appealing than on SD channels. But then I believe that commercials aren't that much different from programming, some are good and some are crap.

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
The first HD commercial I noticed on a major network was a Best Buy commercial.

I'm actually somewhat perturbed by this trend.

My HD viewing is done on a Time Warner Cable HD-DVR box (not TiVo) and while I can FF through commercials, I can't 30-sec skip. What I do is stare at the vertical black bar on the side of the picture while FFing and once it turns to non-black, I hit play and that puts me right at the resumption of the show I'm watching.

Putting commercials in HD screws all that up for me. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts