TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
excellent blurb
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently re-activated an old DTV box. Yesterday I noticed that it wasn't receiving our local sports channel, Comcast SportsNet. After calling DTV and spending a bunch of time resetting the receiver, re-sending the authorization, and various combinations of the above, I was told that I needed to buy the sports pack. After explaining to the nice droid that local sports channels were included with basic programming, I was shuffled on to the "advanced technical support" who basically did all the same tests and then insisted that the policies have changed, and that I really shouldn't even be getting Comcast Sportsnet on the other 3 boxes in the house (I guess they missed the memo).

A quick check of the DTV website shows this sentence for the Total Choice package: "You'll also score your local regional sports network (where available)."

So.....are they just boneheads? Should I just keep calling until I find someone who can fix my box? Or did something really change about local sports channels, in which case I guess I should shut up before the take it away from my other boxes.

·
excellent blurb
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks. I guess I will keep trying until I find someone with the right mojo.

The order and types of things they try does seem to vary....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.