TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told him (and showed him the manual) saying you should do one card after the other, but he insisted on doing both at once.

He called and said he activated them both. Then left.

When i test the channels, all the channels under 100 work fine, anything over 100, as soon as it tunes and pulls a digital/hd signal (i can see the HD for all of 1 second or so), it pops me back out to the screen with the ID number of the card and a phone number to call.

Did he not activate them?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i reread the numbers over the phone, she put me on hold for 10 minutes, then came back on and said she is sending him back out.

I'm not too confident he will get it though, i had to explain to him twice that the cable cards go in the tivo, not the tv.

:(

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DocNo said:
That's what your cable company wants you to think. They want you to just give up and lease a box from them, so they can get that revenue.

Just be patient. Eventually you will get it working - and it is worth it.
Unfortunately I don't have time to sit around all day though and wait for these crappy installers. My wife already got pissed at me for waiting around all day for him to come back as we had to cancel previously made plans, I won't be able to do it again.

But considering this will all cost me around $15/mo more than i'm paying right now, I may just deal with the crappy 8300 until someone figures out how to make this a seemless install, from reading the forums, it seems the cablecards are far from being ready for primetime, which is really sad, considering they have been out for a few years now.

And i know your right, I shouldn't cave to the cable companies mercy, but this isn't worth my time or effort.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So i just called to cancel tivo and basically had to repeat that I wanted to cancel service about 8 times. The lady would just not take no for an answer. I was being very cordial and polite, but she almost started copping an attitude with me about how I was only 4 days into service and that I should give my cableco a week or two to try again, and that "maybe could take a day off of work next week so could spend some time with the installer getting it to work", sorry but 1 wasted day is enough for me.

My lord, that was almost as bad as canceling AOL years ago... just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and makes me not to want to come back if/when the time was right...

anyway, i guess im out.

thanks for the help everybody, i really do appreciate it.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the only thing i'm blaming tivo for is giving me a hard time when i tried to cancel, the fact remains that until my cable co decides to figure out how to get qualified installers, i'm not playing middle man in their fight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.