TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have TVShows on the Mac, it works like a season pass, scanning RSS feeds for new episodes of shows you select. I was surprised to see Dexter just magically show up. Something to watch when I'm done listening to Harry Potter

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about Dexter. I added my season pass to TVShows. :)

OSXers: Here's a folder action in AppleScript to convert an AVI to an MPEG4 using VisualHub. It automates the whole process from BitTorrent to TVShows to AppleTV or iPod. It's almost as easy as TiVo! You'll need to add Techspansion's Automation Script to VisualHub before using my script.
Code:
-- video - Convert to MPEG4.script

-- Converts AVI files downloaded by Transmission to MPEG4 files. Also:
--   Quits Transmission
--   Opens Finder window as reminder to run Lostify
--   Deletes the AVI files

on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving these_items
	set movies_folder to "Macintosh HD:Users:minckster:Movies"
	set settings_file to "Macintosh HD:Users:minckster:Documents:VisualHub Settings:GoNuts-MPEG4.vhub"

-- Quit Transmission b/c it's left running after downloading AVI
	tell application "System Events"
		if exists process "Transmission" then
			-- "Try" so don't quit Transmission if it's already downloading something new
			try
				quit application "Transmission"
			end try
		end if
	end tell

-- Convert items to MPEG4 (first line is magic allowing AppleScript to control VisualHub
	tell application "VisualHub" to set VisualHub to load script (scripts path of main bundle & "/automation.scpt" as POSIX file)
	tell VisualHub
		AddFiles(these_items)
		LoadSettings(settings_file)
		SetSaveLocation(movies_folder)
		StartConversion()
		QuitApp()
	end tell

tell application "Finder"
		-- Move the AVI files to the Trash
		try
			move these_items to the trash
		end try
		-- Open Finder window as reminder to run Lostify
		activate
		make new Finder window to movies_folder
	end tell

end adding folder items to
Please let me know if you need some help customizing things for your setup. You could use a similar script to convert the AVI to an MPEG2 for your TiVo.

·
Welcome Home, Jimmy!
5,771 Posts
Has anyone watched these yet? I watched them last night and I thought they were pretty good. I'm not sure if it can be as good as season one but I'm already wanting the rest of the season now. I particularly like the interaction between Dexter and Doakes.

·
Statistical outlier
12,829 Posts
goblue97 said:
Has anyone watched these yet? I watched them last night and I thought they were pretty good. I'm not sure if it can be as good as season one but I'm already wanting the rest of the season now. I particularly like the interaction between Dexter and Doakes.
They just continued where the first season left off, which is great.

Is it weird that I was getting that same anticipation of an impending kill that Dexter was? :D

·
Welcome Home, Jimmy!
5,771 Posts
Neenahboy said:
They just continued where the first season left off, which is great.
so much so that I was starting to think the leaked episodes were a hoax and it was just the first season again.
Neenahboy said:
Is it weird that I was getting that same anticipation of an impending kill that Dexter was? :D
I was getting the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.