TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,763 Posts
One thing they could do (If) in season 2 is the fact that Harrison was raised by Hanna (another serial killer) and tell a similar story with maternal instincts involved. Assuming Yvonne Strahovski would like to play a ghost conscious figure.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Poor Molly Park... if she was alive, she would've had the biggest ratings (downloads?) of any podcast. Imagine the stories of both Kurt and the REAL Bay Harbor Butcher!!

Another red herring is that cave we saw Dexter skiing into, with the bear. That wasn't the same cave with Iris' body, was it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Poor Molly Park... if she was alive, she would've had the biggest ratings (downloads?) of any podcast. Imagine the stories of both Kurt and the REAL Bay Harbor Butcher!!

Another red herring is that cave we saw Dexter skiing into, with the bear. That wasn't the same cave with Iris' body, was it?
I must admit that I don't recall the circumstances of her murder. I know that Kurt lured her to his death chamber but Dexter intervened and saved her. Next thing you know, she's in Kurt's Homicidal Cooperstown. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I must admit that I don't recall the circumstances of her murder. I know that Kurt lured her to his death chamber but Dexter intervened and saved her. Next thing you know, she's in Kurt's Homicidal Cooperstown. Did I miss something?
I don't think you missed anything. I think we were all surprised when they showed his displays and she was among them. They just didn't show him killing her.

·
Premium Member
10,763 Posts
I don't think you missed anything. I think we were all surprised when they showed his displays and she was among them. They just didn't show him killing her.
Yea after the creepy invite to the cabin and she got away, it was clear he was not going to let her publicize what she saw. Clearly he had her and Dexter on the get list.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Finished up this series last night. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it thoroughly, though I don't think it was as good as the best of the original. One thing that was great was the black humor, which was spot-on, especially with Dexter's voice-overs, delivered perfectly by MCH.

I was sorry to see Dexter get it in the end. Felt the same way when Walter White died at the end of Breaking Bad, like I had lost an old friend.

·
Premium Member
10,763 Posts
No, Deb could not be a "conscience" because Harrison never knew or met Deb.
I think that the twist would be that Hannah Mackay is the conscience. She was also a serial killer who effectively raised Harrison like Harry raised Dexter. She is the adoptive mother of Harrison like Harry is the adoptive father of Dexter.
This would breathe some new twists in the show as there is backstory we don't know on her and it brings in a female mothering angle. Certainly they could even have both Dexter and Hannah arguing back and forth to Harrison if they want.

I think Deb is done and they really don't want to rehash old stories whether or not the Harrison actor is good enough to fill the shoes for me I don't know yet. He didn't do much for me here. I can see them wanting to appeal to the "kids" by having a younger person in the role. What job will Harrison get and will that be part of the dynamic like Dexter had as a forensic blood spatter guy? We shall see. Given the ratings it got it wouldn't surprise me but on the other hand the ratings weree for Dexter and not for Harrison. Everybody went boo on the final episode as well.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Here is something that is interesting to where I live as a song from a local band was played on Dexter. The song Dream Romance by the Jordan Brothers was playing on the juke box when Dexter was sitting in Kurt's diner. This was in episode 7. The one brother, Lew, just passed away a few weeks ago. Here lived a few houses away from mine. The Jordan Brothers did the song 63 years ago. There was a write up in our local paper on Friday about it.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts