TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I would have preferred if (somehow) Angela showed up and shot Dexter.

I was also confused as how Dexter killed Logan. He had him in a sleeper hold, and at first thought he was unconscious, and when I saw he was dead, i then though the bullet fired by Logan ricocheted. I really hate the “twist neck and kill “ trope.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
After they survived episode 9 and were on good terms I kind of knew if Dexter dies in the finale it has to be by Harrison. After all Dexter's been through it wouldn't be fitting to give anyone else in that town the honor.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I probably would've been more ok with his death if it didn't feel so rushed to me. The last episode seemed to fly through a lot that was built up in the previous episodes, a lot of...I knew this 1-2-3-4 episodes ago, but I'll tell people this NOW just to get it out there and close up loose ends. Also the call to Angel to catch him up and tie up that loose end seemed forced.

What happened to Edward Olsen the billionaire??? was he just a red herring that disappeared halfway through the series?

If they're doing another season, I would've rather had them both get away and maybe have Angel and Angela chase them down for the big finale in the next mini-series. Dexter caught and on trial/death row.

I will say that I do like it better than the original final season (final 4?), actually, this could've been one of the best series if this mini-series was the season after the trinity killer and they just ended it.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I've got mixed feelings about the current series. The last few seasons of Dexter were pretty lame compared to the earlier ones. The series finale for the first series was ridiculously stupid. Nobody takes a small boat into a hurricane and survives. Sometimes I think writers do stupid stuff like this just to stir up controversy. Either that or they all knew they were getting fired after the last episode so they all just said f*&k it! Having Dexter commit murder in front of his kid as some sort of tutorial was just a bit too bizarre. You would think he'd want a different path for his kid to take instead of his warped "code" and trying to turn him into Dexter 2.0. I'll probably watch it if they do another season just to see where they take Harrison's character. Maybe they'll name it Son of Dexter. :D

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts
I would have preferred if (somehow) Angela showed up and shot Dexter.

I was also confused as how Dexter killed Logan. He had him in a sleeper hold, and at first thought he was unconscious, and when I saw he was dead, i then though the bullet fired by Logan ricocheted. I really hate the "twist neck and kill " trope.
In one closeup of Logan they showed a bullet hole through his head, so I am pretty sure it was the ricochet that killed him.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts
I did not like the finale. I liked it much better than the original series finale though.

I felt the motivation was not there for Harrison to shoot Dexter. He could have simply let him go. He gives a short monologue about not wanted to be like Dexter (anymore), and then he proceeds to shoot an unarmed man in cold blood. So he's just like Dexter. It is a good setup for a sequel series though, Harrison ought to be even more messed up.
I think that was the whole point. While Harrison talked about not wanting to be like Dexter, he really is just like him. They showed him having those tendencies a couple of times during the series. In the end he also saw Dexter killing an innocent man, something that Dexter himself preached he doesn't do. So in Harrison's eyes, he was as bad as any serial killer for doing that, and with that, Harrison kept to the code by killing him.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If Dexter had lived they never would have crossed paths. I still would have liked to see Angel showing up later that morning and his shock at all the police activity and Dexter's corpse. Also, what would be his attitude towards Harrison? Would he take him in like a father-figure if Harrison showed up on his doorstep?
Season 2

·
Registered
103 Posts
"I'm just gonna say three words because it's not like that was all a dream or anything like that," says executive producer Clyde Phillips. "Dexter is dead."

Not exactly how I wanted this to end, but I understand why the series ended with Harrison killing Dexter. Far too many innocent people died in the combined series. And as Harrison said to Dexter (paraphrasing) 'we kill bad people to save innocent people'

I'd like to see if they start a Harrison series. I'm sure I'll watch it.

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
What happened to Edward Olsen the billionaire??? was he just a red herring that disappeared halfway through the series?
I'm glad you said that! I was confused at one point, thinking it was the billionaire's son that was killed. It also seemed like at one point, Angela shows up at the billionaire's place (to ask for the helicopter maybe?) and when they cut away from the gate intercom, it's Curt's creepy laptop they show.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I'm glad you said that! I was confused at one point, thinking it was the billionaire's son that was killed. It also seemed like at one point, Angela shows up at the billionaire's place (to ask for the helicopter maybe?) and when they cut away from the gate intercom, it's Curt's creepy laptop they show.
I think early in the season where they were purposely trying to confuse the audience. They wanted us to believe that the billionaire was the one who was abducting the girls. It wasn't handled very well, and then once they revealed that it was actually Curt, they pretty much just dropped the character altogether.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
The billionaire was a good point to bring up. Maybe he just helped the character development for Audrey. Or maybe he's the villain in season 2. Suppose instead of running like Angela told him to do, Harrison sticks around because he wants to be near Audrey. Harrison and Angela would have to come to an understanding of coexistence. She could end up being the sister/mom-figure cop positive influence on Harrison that Deb was for Dexter.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts
The billionaire was a good point to bring up. Maybe he just helped the character development for Audrey. Or maybe he's the villain in season 2. Suppose instead of running like Angela told him to do, Harrison sticks around because he wants to be near Audrey. Harrison and Angela would have to come to an understanding of coexistence. She could end up being the sister/mom-figure cop positive influence on Harrison that Deb was for Dexter.
I'm betting if there's a S2 it won't take place in Iron Lake. Mostly because Harrison is going west. I do think it's possible that Audrey shows up though.

·
Premium Member
10,613 Posts
Well the SO and I just finished binging season 1 to the last episode over the last few weeks. It was a fun ride.

One thing that kind of bugged me was Harrison's age. The Wiki says he is 16 years old. We don't even see Harrison till Season 4 where he is described as 3 months old.
The show started in 2006 and was somewhat portrayed as close to real time. Now and then they showed calendars implying the year. To me he should be more like 11 or at most 12 years old.

It also would not surprise me if there was a season 2 given the ratings.
However I also don't think it would work for me with Harrison as the focus and Dexter as his conscience.

·
Administrator
9,455 Posts
I’d rather see them skip a few years ahead with an older actor playing Harrison if they go forward.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, supposedly Kurt's father killed Angela's friend when Kurt was a teenager. Kurt has to be in his 60's or 70's. That means she would have been killed approximately 50 years ago. Angela is way too young for that timeline to make sense.

·
Premium Member
10,613 Posts
Well, supposedly Kurt's father killed Angela's friend when Kurt was a teenager. Kurt has to be in his 60's or 70's. That means she would have been killed approximately 50 years ago. Angela is way too young for that timeline to make sense.
Kurt said that but I thought it was really Kurt that did it.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
12,417 Posts
One thing that kind of bugged me was Harrison's age.
Although only eight years have elapsed in real time since the show was cancelled, in-story it's stated as ten. So that's part of it.

Well, supposedly Kurt's father killed Angela's friend
That was just some bull**** that Kurt said. Kurt killed her. (To "protect" her from being abused by people like his father, supposedly. You might say that he had his own version of The Code -- more twisted, and he didn't stick to it well.)

when Kurt was a teenager.
I'm not sure how old Kurt was supposed to be; I think he witnessed his father abuse women long before he started killing. Anyway, canonically, Iris disappeared 25 years ago, when she was 16. (Fandom wiki says Kurt is 61; I dunno where this was stated. Clancy Brown is 63.)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts