TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts
Shoulda added spoilers to the title...that being said...great finale for a great season.

I'm ok with the death of Dexter. If there is another season with Harrison, MCH will be his Dark Passenger.
You're assuming he would want to be that. So I guess, if he doesn't no Harrison sequel.

All in all a great season, but a predictable ending. I'm fine with that. It was certainly better than the original ending.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts
I would have preferred if (somehow) Angela showed up and shot Dexter.

I was also confused as how Dexter killed Logan. He had him in a sleeper hold, and at first thought he was unconscious, and when I saw he was dead, i then though the bullet fired by Logan ricocheted. I really hate the "twist neck and kill " trope.
In one closeup of Logan they showed a bullet hole through his head, so I am pretty sure it was the ricochet that killed him.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts
I did not like the finale. I liked it much better than the original series finale though.

I felt the motivation was not there for Harrison to shoot Dexter. He could have simply let him go. He gives a short monologue about not wanted to be like Dexter (anymore), and then he proceeds to shoot an unarmed man in cold blood. So he's just like Dexter. It is a good setup for a sequel series though, Harrison ought to be even more messed up.
I think that was the whole point. While Harrison talked about not wanting to be like Dexter, he really is just like him. They showed him having those tendencies a couple of times during the series. In the end he also saw Dexter killing an innocent man, something that Dexter himself preached he doesn't do. So in Harrison's eyes, he was as bad as any serial killer for doing that, and with that, Harrison kept to the code by killing him.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,830 Posts
The billionaire was a good point to bring up. Maybe he just helped the character development for Audrey. Or maybe he's the villain in season 2. Suppose instead of running like Angela told him to do, Harrison sticks around because he wants to be near Audrey. Harrison and Angela would have to come to an understanding of coexistence. She could end up being the sister/mom-figure cop positive influence on Harrison that Deb was for Dexter.
I'm betting if there's a S2 it won't take place in Iron Lake. Mostly because Harrison is going west. I do think it's possible that Audrey shows up though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts