TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Well the SO and I just finished binging season 1 to the last episode over the last few weeks. It was a fun ride.

One thing that kind of bugged me was Harrison's age. The Wiki says he is 16 years old. We don't even see Harrison till Season 4 where he is described as 3 months old.
The show started in 2006 and was somewhat portrayed as close to real time. Now and then they showed calendars implying the year. To me he should be more like 11 or at most 12 years old.

It also would not surprise me if there was a season 2 given the ratings.
However I also don't think it would work for me with Harrison as the focus and Dexter as his conscience.

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
Well, supposedly Kurt's father killed Angela's friend when Kurt was a teenager. Kurt has to be in his 60's or 70's. That means she would have been killed approximately 50 years ago. Angela is way too young for that timeline to make sense.
Kurt said that but I thought it was really Kurt that did it.

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
One thing they could do (If) in season 2 is the fact that Harrison was raised by Hanna (another serial killer) and tell a similar story with maternal instincts involved. Assuming Yvonne Strahovski would like to play a ghost conscious figure.

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
I don't think you missed anything. I think we were all surprised when they showed his displays and she was among them. They just didn't show him killing her.
Yea after the creepy invite to the cabin and she got away, it was clear he was not going to let her publicize what she saw. Clearly he had her and Dexter on the get list.

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
No, Deb could not be a "conscience" because Harrison never knew or met Deb.
I think that the twist would be that Hannah Mackay is the conscience. She was also a serial killer who effectively raised Harrison like Harry raised Dexter. She is the adoptive mother of Harrison like Harry is the adoptive father of Dexter.
This would breathe some new twists in the show as there is backstory we don't know on her and it brings in a female mothering angle. Certainly they could even have both Dexter and Hannah arguing back and forth to Harrison if they want.

I think Deb is done and they really don't want to rehash old stories whether or not the Harrison actor is good enough to fill the shoes for me I don't know yet. He didn't do much for me here. I can see them wanting to appeal to the "kids" by having a younger person in the role. What job will Harrison get and will that be part of the dynamic like Dexter had as a forensic blood spatter guy? We shall see. Given the ratings it got it wouldn't surprise me but on the other hand the ratings weree for Dexter and not for Harrison. Everybody went boo on the final episode as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts