TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
UHDTV Snob
13,560 Posts
Shoulda added spoilers to the title...that being said...great finale for a great season.

I'm ok with the death of Dexter. If there is another season with Harrison, MCH will be his Dark Passenger.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts
Shoulda added spoilers to the title...that being said...great finale for a great season.

I'm ok with the death of Dexter. If there is another season with Harrison, MCH will be his Dark Passenger.
You're assuming he would want to be that. So I guess, if he doesn't no Harrison sequel.

All in all a great season, but a predictable ending. I'm fine with that. It was certainly better than the original ending.

·
WDW Fan
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I asked a mod to edit the title to add in the title of the episode.

According to the forum rules, air date and show name are the minimum required for untagged spoilers though.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
In my eyes, this season, and more specifically, this episode rectified the mess they made with the original series finale. I'm really glad we got to see where Dexter's life went after that ridiculous lumberjack ending, and I think his death at the hands of his son was the perfect way to end things. My only real complaint about the finale was that we never got to see Angel confronting Dexter. That would have been an amazing moment.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Since the title of this thread references a specific episode, there is no need for spoiler tags. According to site rules, you can freely discuss anything that occurred in this episode or any prior episodes. Technically, "Dexter: New Blood" is a different show than "Dexter", but it's obviously a direct continuation, so I think the rule still applies to all eight seasons of the original run as well.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
My only real complaint about the finale was that we never got to see Angel confronting Dexter. That would have been an amazing moment.
If Dexter had lived they never would have crossed paths. I still would have liked to see Angel showing up later that morning and his shock at all the police activity and Dexter's corpse. Also, what would be his attitude towards Harrison? Would he take him in like a father-figure if Harrison showed up on his doorstep?

·
Premium Member
15,907 Posts
I'm sad. I'm one of the few who felt good about the original series ending because I didn't want him caught or killed. He did what he had to do, in his mind, for his son and Hannah so they wouldn't end up destroyed as everybody else he cared about did.

I guess I was hoping they would get away and then we'd have more with the both of them. At this point, I'll take more with Harrison and Dexter being in the position his father was after he died.

The way they did the end, with Harrison driving away and hearing the letter Dexter wrote, especially the very end, was pretty cool. I guess I expected (hoped for?) it to end with the two of them taking off.

Does anybody know if this was definitively the end of the franchise?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,522 Posts

·
Registered
26,739 Posts
I did not like the finale. I liked it much better than the original series finale though.

I felt the motivation was not there for Harrison to shoot Dexter. He could have simply let him go. He gives a short monologue about not wanted to be like Dexter (anymore), and then he proceeds to shoot an unarmed man in cold blood. So he's just like Dexter. It is a good setup for a sequel series though, Harrison ought to be even more messed up.

If they were to kill Dexter, my preferred scenario would have been by lethal injection, with all the usual crowd (Angel, Masuka, Harrison, etc) and the ghost-of-Debra sitting in the gallery. As the curtain closes, Harrison hears in Dexter's voice, "Rule 1: Don't Get Caught".

However, I would have much preferred they just leave him alive again. This season was better than most of the original series. Dexter had a few more seasons of blood left in him.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts