·
tabasco rules
16,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: sharkster

·
Premium Member
16,131 Posts
YAY! :) Love me some Dexter. I've seen every season a few times, or so, except the last season which I've only seen twice.

It will be nice to see the early ones again. Season 1 was really good. Season 4 is a fav - well, *sort of. Lithgow is just brilliant whether he's playing a super creepy bad guy or doing comedy.

As to season four -

*That had to be about the most shocking season ender and, of course, that was a drag. But the rest of the season was great.

I am just so looking forward to the new season. I can't remember if it's going to be a one-and-done or not, but I'll take what I can get. MCH is also such a brilliant actor that I've missed him of late.

·
Registered
108 Posts
One of my favorite shows as well. I've read that this season is a one and done and continues from the end of season 8. I do have my own guesses as to how this ends, but I'm usually wrong.

Just curious if anyone has also read the books. They are much darker than the TV series and follow a totally different path with the subplots. In my opinion, the Dexter in the books is far less "likable" than our TV Dexter.

During the original series, a group of us at work followed the show and at the end of each season, we'd buy the DVDs and pass them around to get caught up. None of us subscribed to Showtime. I'll probably spring for Showtime to watch this season though.

·
Premium Member
16,131 Posts
Is anybody else watching the marathon? I keep trying to back away but have watched most of it so far.

Just an FYI, tomorrow is S04 - the season with John Lithgow. One of the best. :)

I've never contemplated reading the books. It sounds daunting. I think that probably one of the main reasons I came into this show was MCH. He was brilliant in SFU and, as we've seen, he was also brilliant in Dexter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just finished the re-watch of Season 1. I plan on going through all 8 seasons, but doubtful I will complete before the new season starts.

Agree that Season 4 is the best. I'm always amazed at John Lithgow's versatility.

·
Premium Member
16,131 Posts
Yes! He's one of my favorite kind of actors because like a few others, including Robin Williams (RIP), Lithgow is great at comedy and also brilliant as a creepy, horrible, bad guy in a drama.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.